Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone business customer can not pre order note 7... For no reason

Jacko20jj
7: Helper

So today I called up to pre order the galaxy note 7 as it's available online to order... Only to be told I can not do this until the 19th over the phone. My question is why can all new customers order over the phone yet an existing customers of ten years have to wait 3 days so I will receive my phone after all them? I was told I can upgarde online but this is not the case as all business customers can not upgarde online at all. Very frustrated with Vodafone yet again 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I don't see it as an insult, just someone saying your advice or help is worthless, or isn't helping. Everyone's entitled to an opinion, and mine is similar to the OPs. 

Why a previous customer should be forced to wait longer to get something that a new customer can get before them, totally baffles me. You'll note I didn't make any reference to mobile phones, Vodafone, the business plans or making deals over-the-phone. 

I am sure most people aren't too bothered by the fact they'll wait two or three days longer for this type of product (as it's not exactly limited edition or anything), but the principle of the matter - which means a lot to me and perhaps the OP - doesn't change: this is wrong and shouldn't be tolerated.

We're nearing in on 2017, so with technology the way it is around the globe and how fast things advance, it can't be a technical issue preventing business customers upgrading online. So what is the reason? 

View solution in original position

18 REPLIES 18

No problem, good luck on getting yourself sorted out. 

For me, buying a phone outright and getting a Sim only deal is the way forward. E2 Save are offering a nano-sim with Vodafone with 15GB of 4G data on a 12 month contract for £19.55pm, but with the total of £145 cashback you get from redemptions, it works out at £7.50pm. 

The Note 7 (what I'm going for) is £700, so that totals £790 for 12 months or £880 for 24 months if you keep the same contract going. There's not another deal on the internet cheaper than this. 

Of course, people go for Business Plans for other reasons, tax rebates and whathaveyou, but I just don't know why they're considerably more expensive than the standard consumer prices and coupled with your issue of being towards the back end of the queue, it's a farce really. 

Jacko20jj
Hi Laura,

I have tried about 3 times in the past 5 years as been on business plan makes everything more difficult. Last time I spent 2/3 hours on the phone to various people and appently was getting transfered within a month but nothing ever changed so I have gave up trying.

Jacko20jj
Ordered this morning from a guy called Billy who was great who took my details yesterday and pre ordered for me at 8am I got the confirmation through. So if anyone is saying it's not available until tomorrow speak to Billy in the business team. Took 57 pound a month contract for 12 months with 300 up front

Glad you got that sorted. Hopefully this Note 7 is all that it's cracked up to be. 

I managed to order an iphone 7 plus jet black. the vodafone link did not open. i got a sepeate link from chat. delivery is on 16th Sept 

Jacko20jj
You must of been quick I was son phone at 8am and out of stock so had to order in black for 16th delivery

I ordered at 8.31 AM, so dontt know why it showed no stock at 8.00. 

could be because i used a link given by vodafone online chat rep.

Jacko20jj
Must of been around that time I got my order in room forever as prices wernt out straight away. Have said I can swap it if I don't like it when it comes though

yes you definitely can swap it. I can vouch for it as i had the same experince with my iphone 6 plus 2 years ago. vodafone stuck to their word. but make sure you send it back within 2 weeks ie 14 days. its a must