Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone protect

nifeeo
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I have lost my phone and would like to access my vodafone protect but I don't know my pin. However, the only options of resetting the pin is by vodafone sending you a text message with a new pin. I can't receive this text obviously, so is there any other way I could reset my password for vodafone protect?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

63johnw
17: Community Champion
Hi. If you can get to a Vodafone store they will provide you with a new SIM with your number transferred to it.

View solution in original position

10 REPLIES 10

BandOfBrothers

Hi,

The two options I'm aware of to resolve this are...

1. Insert your SIM card in another phone and attempt to reset your pin that way. 
  2. Hard Reset your phone which should wipe it and take it back to the last Firmware update. This would however lose personal data unless you have backups. To hard reset your phone just Google for 'hard reset'and your make / model of your phone. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Unfortunately, my sim card was in my phone when I lost it so can't do that.

How would hard resetting my phone help me if I don't have a phone though?

BandOfBrothers

Whoops my bad I missed that bit @nifeeo

Apologies.  :smileyembarrassed:

Current Phone  >

no worries!

BandOfBrothers

Thank you.

Seems Vodafone protect ends on the 31/3/17 too. 

https://protect.vodafone.co.uk/Protect

Current Phone  >

Indeed!

I got an email/text the other week advising of the same and that I need do nothing for now and 'they' would be in touch again.

On Friday, two days ago, the 17th March '17, I was abruptly interupted mid call whilst at home by the app which locked my phone asking me to enter my PIN and contact my operator.

I had to enter my Protect PIN to unlock my phone and to restart my phone after that in order to get a phone signal back.

This happened again randomly later that day whilst merely browsing on my phone and not on a call.

This has never happened to me before and was quite concerning and alarming; like someone had remotely controlled my phone.

I decided to unistall and delete the app as I deduced it must have been the cause. Everything's been fine since.

Apart from being interputed mid call during an important business call I find this a very underhand way of Vodafone making you delete the app and sevice ahead of its cancellation. Especially since they themselves advised me not to worry or do anything until I heard from them again about it.

Incidentally I have been unable to log in via the web to see what's going on in the meantime.

And I have no interest in the new web based service that is replacing it which is nothing like as good as what the Vodafone Protect app and service provided me. Eg. Your phone was protected regardless of whether you were using the Vodafone Network or Wireless Hotspot or Wifi at home.

Needless to say I won't be paying for the new service. The older better one was free too!

hrym

I wasn't aware that Vodafone Protect was being discontinued.   I also don't think Vodafone would ask you to disable it in advance if it was, and certainly not in that way - it would just stop working and possibly give you a notification.

I've never used it, but I have seen a number of issues with it and would steer clear if I had a phone with it pre-installed.   Google have what seem to me to be adequate options for locating and locking Android phones anyway.

I've never had any issues with it and it's worked perfectly until recently. There are two days left until the end of the month and I haven't heard anything since the text i got.

They have disrupted my service using it forcing me to uninstall it. 

And there was a lot more to the app and service than locating and locking your device.

I have very good first hand experience of using it over a long period of time.

I've found an appropriate alternative elsewhere. 

Amanda
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Jimroy

This isn't good to hear. 

Vodafone Protect will no longer be available from 31 March 2017. You can see more information about this on our Vodafone Protect help page

However you should be able to use the service as normal until then. 

Are you still having issues with it?

Thanks,