Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone smart tab 4G update fault

medicb
3: Seeker

While carrying out the latest OTA update I tablet crashed during the update. The android system is working but the apps won't run. Where can I get the OTA download to reinstall it. 

7 REPLIES 7

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @medicb

May I ask if you've tried a Factory Reset after creating a Back Up. 

If you download a new app does that launch ok ? If it does then I'd suggest to uninstall your apps that are not working and re install. 

If that does not help and if the device was supplied by Vodafone then I'd suggest to pop into a Vodafone Highstreet Store and they'll check it over and send it off to have a diagnostic run on it and if needed the operating system sorted out. 

Vodafone wouldn't supply the Os directly to you. 

Other options on would be to visit The xda developers forum site to read up on other avenues. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

medicb
A factory reset has been done. Also it's impossible to install any apps as all services including Google store/play have stopped. The problem appears to be with the update Vodafone put out. The tablet was working fine before hand. When you go into system it says it has the latest update. Just need a way to reinstall the update .

BandOfBrothers

Ok then I suggest going to a Vodafone highstreet store for support especially if there is nothing in your software update section. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

hrym

I don't think the update is at fault - it'll have been extensively tested and the problem would be universal if it was.  However, individual processes can fail for all kinds of reasons - often space/resources.   I agree that a repair is the only solution as this will re-flash the OS.

SKYMAN513
13: Advanced Member
My s7 edge crashed on the update as well
I got a message to update theme,and I could only navigate using two fingers.
In the end I had to put it in to Vodafone repair
If
Lee and hrym advice doesn't work you might have to bite the bullet
Out of all the people I know who updated I was the only one with the problem
I was told it was more than likely that some of the themes and apps have not been properly optimised for the update
Just a thought

hrym

FWIW, I have a very specific procedure for updating.

1. Make sure all updates etc have finished - you don't want one starting just as you set the upgrade off!

2. Clear recent apps.

3. Restart the phone.  The idea is to have as few processes running and as many resources available as possible.

4. Start the upgrade immediately before anything else gets a chance to get in the way,

It's worked for me so far (fingers crossed :smileywink:)

SKYMAN513
13: Advanced Member
I'll do that from now on 😉