cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone smart ultra 6 does not find signal (wifi is working)

Marquitos
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi, I have a vodafone smart ultra 6 which started failing within a year after I bought it; at that time I could not get signal and the phone kept indicating that it was in airplane mode. I brought it to vodafone shop; they changed some setting and was working again. Now a three months later the same problem; I brought it to vodafone shop and they tell me that the phone needs resetting and that the mobile is outside warranty (is one year and two months old). They told me to reset the mobile by myself and if it does not work then I will have to buy a new phone. The vodafone website indicates 2 years warranty but the person in the shop say that because I bought it online it only has 1 year warranty; Does anybody knows the truth about this. Thanks.

24 REPLIES 24

hrym
17: Community Champion

Have you tried requesting an NUC from Vodafone?   Even if the database hasn't updated, they should have a record of the new IMEI and possibly also your use of it on the system.   If that works, all's well and you don't need to do anything else.   I also suspect you could go into any store, though it may also be possible to get Live Chat to sort the IMEI out if the NUC request fails.

thesoupdragon
Great news that the phone is now working... 👍

As mentioned it's hard to see what you mean about the screen, that might have to be dealt with as a second repair process?

As for the imei, I would agree, if the internals of the phone have been swapped out, that would account for the change of imei.

Hopefully one of the team will be along soon, they can help you sort out the imei scenario as that needs account access. They will send you a message for you to respond to, which in turns helps them gain access to your account. 😊

TSD.

hannaheverson91
1: Seeker
I've still got the same problem with my Vodafone smart ultra 6 even though I got it fixed once but its happened again and Vodafone have told me that its not under warranty anymore even though I haven't even had it a year yet I do have a couple of chips missing out of the case as well though but I sent it off again about 4 months ago to get fixed and I gave them my boyfriends number so they could call me to ask its going to be £66 and they never rang me and also sent it back not fixed!! All I've been using this phone for is internet and games.

Thanks

Hannah

thesoupdragon
Hi hannaheverson91

Unfortunately damage to a phone's external shell can void its warranty.
The first thing a repair centre does is a visual inspection. If they see excessive damage, the phone will be rejected for repair. (Regardless of why the phone is there!)

If you are willing to pay for the repair, it might be worth confirming with the store that an "out of warranty" repair has been requested, along with a full statement of what needs repairing.

It might be more beneficial to consider a new Smart Ultra 6, or even upgrade to the newer Smart Ultra 7 or the Smart Platinum 7?

TSD.

I had the same problem as original poster ... tried for many days to figure it out.  I had done all the hard resets and changes but to no success.  Both before Android upgrade to Marshmallow and after .. could not get my Ultra 6 to pick up network (three).  Answer for me was related to another post for different problem ... went to APN settings and added a new APN entry for Three with the defaut settings you can find on the web.  Made that the defaut selection, rebooted phone and everything working again fine.  I am reasonably literate but spent an age trying to figure it out ... I suspect it is very rare that there is a hardware issue for people.