Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodaphone Smart Ultra 6

BGDwth
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Over the past few days, my phone (no drops/water damage) has started to suddenly lose battery life. And 'charges' in what is comparatively a very short space of time.

It was purchased through Vodaphone's Amazon store in December 2015 - i.e. is just over a year old.

I understand that often, the parts are guaranteed for 24 months?

The one isssue, is not having a decent V service here in East Kent, I unlocked the phone.

What are my options? Do I retrieve the things I want to keep, junk the phone and move on or is it servicable (under guarantee?)

No idea where the original box or guarantee is, although of course I have proof of purchase on Amazon and one assumes V will have proof of sale.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hmmmm

As I mentioned you could certainly seek redress via Amazon and or zte who again I think is the manufacturer. 

The generic advice when speaking about using a manufacturer warranty is to approach the seller of the phone. 

That said in many instances the manufacturer such as for example Apple or Samsung will support their hardware no matter where it was bought from. 

The problem you have is what I mentioned earlier in that the phone hasn't been used on Vodafone so they'll have no trace or record of it. 

Now if you were to use a payg sim card from Vodafone UK on it making calls and using data and sending texts then that would register it on their network and may I stress may then allow you to go through one of their Vodafone High street stores. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

View solution in original position

12 REPLIES 12

That's a great suggestion (using their sim) but in the interim, I have just been having an internet chat with Amazon and they have instantly agreed to a full refund..which was nice of them.

Noww I just have to get a year's worth of items off the phone..

Thanks for all your help, it's been much appreciated.

hrym

That's good to know.   I'd previously heard of people having trouble getting Amazon to honour the most basic of warranties, so this is very encouraging.

And, if you had been letting the battery go flat ... don't :smileywink:

FWIW, I store content I'm likely to want to move on an sd card so that I can transfer it easily.

Thanks for that. I don't believe I was letting it go flat, but will pay more attention in the future.

Regarding an SD, for some reason, I had an SD car and it was set up as primary saving route, but it didn't and I never got around to checking why. Too late now...

Thanks again.