Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodaphone Smart Ultra 6

BGDwth
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Over the past few days, my phone (no drops/water damage) has started to suddenly lose battery life. And 'charges' in what is comparatively a very short space of time.

It was purchased through Vodaphone's Amazon store in December 2015 - i.e. is just over a year old.

I understand that often, the parts are guaranteed for 24 months?

The one isssue, is not having a decent V service here in East Kent, I unlocked the phone.

What are my options? Do I retrieve the things I want to keep, junk the phone and move on or is it servicable (under guarantee?)

No idea where the original box or guarantee is, although of course I have proof of purchase on Amazon and one assumes V will have proof of sale.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hmmmm

As I mentioned you could certainly seek redress via Amazon and or zte who again I think is the manufacturer. 

The generic advice when speaking about using a manufacturer warranty is to approach the seller of the phone. 

That said in many instances the manufacturer such as for example Apple or Samsung will support their hardware no matter where it was bought from. 

The problem you have is what I mentioned earlier in that the phone hasn't been used on Vodafone so they'll have no trace or record of it. 

Now if you were to use a payg sim card from Vodafone UK on it making calls and using data and sending texts then that would register it on their network and may I stress may then allow you to go through one of their Vodafone High street stores. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

View solution in original position

12 REPLIES 12

BandOfBrothers

Hi

Are you using it on the Vodafone UK network? If so the guarantee of 24 months goes with the phone. They should be able to guide and advise. One is set we've been seeing however from recent posts are people being given told by Vodafone shops and customer service that the manufacturer warranty is 12 months which is incorrect based on their own warranty help and support pages. 

I think the manufacturer zte manufacture the phone. 

You should speak with Amazon as they are the seller of the phone and it should really be them that help you. 

Just a suggestion but perhaps try backing up and factory reset to see if that helps. 

Current Phone  >

Hi Lee

No, I'm not using their network as it's practically non-existent where I am, just their hardware.

Does this invalidate the warranty/guarntee then?

BandOfBrothers

Hi

The issue is Vodafone would need to book the phone into their repair systems which would need an active Vodafone account with the phones imei number latched to it. This all happens when you use it on the Vodafone UK network. 

I would suggest maybe double checking if zte are the manufacturer and speak with them or engage with Amazon so see if they can help and guide you. 

Current Phone  >

This is the help link from Vodafone for when a device is bought from them.

When you bought from amazon I'm assuming it will have been some form of reseller. If I'm wrong then I apologise. 

When-I-buy-a-device-from-Vodafone-how-long-does-the-warranty-last.

Current Phone  >

Hi Lee, assumed it was via Vodaphone, see here.

BandOfBrothers

Hi

When you ordered it what was the sellers details. 

Who did you pay ?

As it's a no longer available item on that link I'm not sure I can see who the seller was. I'll keep looking. 

Current Phone  >

Hi Lee

Thanks, I tried your link, the call centre respondent suggests it's Amazon that's my end guarantor, not Vodaphone as (what i believe to be) the seller. I paid Amazon.

So I guess I will drop a mail, if I can, to them and ask.

Screenshot 2017-01-17 14.45.272016.png

BandOfBrothers

Hmmmm

As I mentioned you could certainly seek redress via Amazon and or zte who again I think is the manufacturer. 

The generic advice when speaking about using a manufacturer warranty is to approach the seller of the phone. 

That said in many instances the manufacturer such as for example Apple or Samsung will support their hardware no matter where it was bought from. 

The problem you have is what I mentioned earlier in that the phone hasn't been used on Vodafone so they'll have no trace or record of it. 

Now if you were to use a payg sim card from Vodafone UK on it making calls and using data and sending texts then that would register it on their network and may I stress may then allow you to go through one of their Vodafone High street stores. 

Current Phone  >

hrym

I agree, you will need to go to Amazon, if you bought from them, or the vendor if it was a Marketplace purchase.

As to the cause, at first I wondered whether this was another instance of a battery drain bug that seems to have materialised a few times after a recent update.   However, if the battery is also charging in a short period, I'd suggest it's exhausted.   Your battery should have a charge cycle life of 1000 - 2000 times, but this will be lessened considerably if you've been allowing it to go flat.   Have you done that?  Lithium batteries are happiest when kept topped up and there's even a suggestion that 30 - 80% is the sweet spot that gives you the absolute maximum life.

If all else fails, you might be able to get a quote for a new battery, but it might not be much less than the cost of a new phone.