Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Warning about The RCS/ Vodafone messanger+ app

Northern-dj
16: Advanced member

On the HTC section they have been hit with what can be described as a Rubbish app

and its sneeked in on a update called RCS which means Rich Communications Suite

Now the S5 has not Got this yet, But as in the past Vodafone try and force this on there users

Now this would be ok but any one can down load this now if they want from Google

(check the feedback First )

and also if this was optional but its not it takes over the default TXT messager app

Now many HTC users are struggling with this as normal a update messed things up

so it does not work

This is not the first time this has happened with Top end Android phones

Now this is only about the forced app the app that you can download and uninstall is fine, but is pointless as there are better out there eg Googles hangouts

Vodafone spend alot of money on apps and alot of them is wasted

they should make apps that are useful that people want

eg Vodafone Irland has a Network outage reporting app that wil send via wifi a full report to Vodafone irland so they get all the info they need (Handy !!!!) does not work in the UK

When a person Buys a Phone there not buying the Vodafone experience they want the Samsung one

I was asked for a reason why Samsung has lost alot of sales and i listed Networks messing customers around eg Locking the phones and Bloating i had 75 likes from people with in the Industry

Carphone warehouse admit its Networks Bloating and messing people around Keeps them in Businesse

If Vodafone go down this road they will hurt sales and upset alot of people

We don't want this Rubbish app so keep this well away from The S5 and All new Phones

3 REPLIES 3

DaveCD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Northern-dj.

Thank you for your feedback and I'll forward this on.

DaveCD

Northern-dj

Cheers Dave but we honestly thought Vodafone had turned a corner with Bloatware but forcing customers is not the way to go

and will fail

More to add Vodafone in there T&C claim they run and manage the app

They don't its a Third party company so all messages go to this companys servers first

There is no mention of this to users

So S5 Users be avare of Updates coming through