Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

When is the Z1 getting lollipop?

spikey_richie
4: Newbie

As above; when is the Z1 likely to get Lollipop?

8 REPLIES 8

hrym
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

I've seen Lollipop updates for the Z1, so I think it's being rolled out now.  That may be an unlocked device, though.

aidey68
9: Established

It is on VF branded handsets too, I updated via PC Companion on 22nd  April

Hi @aidey68

We’re unable to advise release dates for new and upcoming Firmware.

Take a look at our Firmware statement for more information.

Cheers,

Laura

@Aidey - PC Companion shows no update either :Sad_face:

@Laura - It was me who asked the question, not Aidey...

Is yours direct from VF or a 3rd party vendor ie CPW.

I got my Z1 from VF, I can only guess it is a staggered rollout  either way...

Direct from Vodafone a month after it was released. 

There is a newer version of Lolliop for the Z1 now available; it is up to 14.5.A.0.270. I got a notification via PC Companion earlier today

this is the change log : (from  firmware .242)

– Ensured the lock screen / notification bar doesn’t indicate “no service” when the device has coverage

– Added a Sony feature; bringing back the “close-all-button” in the activity menu, so you can easily close all apps at once

– Unblocked devices with server policies (such as Exchange Active Sync for e-mail), to enable the new Lollipop lock-screen notifications

– Ensured the LED light is lit across all sound modes – and no longer offset by “silent”

– Made the necessary fixes to enable the easy movement of content from internal memory to external microSD card (something we saw affecting a few devices)

– Improved messaging functionality in Ultra stamina mode – some conversations could not be opened before in Ultra stamina mode

I got the big update to Lollipop on Saturday, but not this incremental change (yet)