Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Wifi Calling gone in 7.0 S7?

dj9928
4: Newbie

So I am running the beta 7.0 for S7, the Wifi calling option has vanished.  Now you may say it hasn't been added yet as its beta but the option is confirmed to be there for EE and 3 sim cards. Vodafone nothing.

84 REPLIES 84

@sonic_1 is it works for You on Android 7.0 XEU?

@ iMoCks Yes it is working on the 7.0 XEU, I follewd the instruction as posted above but left it a little longer the 24 hours. Then access the phone setiings by pressing Phone > numeric keypad > access the settings in the top right hand corner and now wifi calling has come back as an option.

Thanks for the updates.  This is good news @Sonic and @ iMoCks.  Has anyone tried this workaround with the 7.0 BTU?

Nice. I disabled wifi calling on my account for over 24 hours and then i enabled it back, yesterday about 6pm and nothing change. Still have no wifi calling option on my XEU 7.0   :Sad_face:

Just wanted to add my experiences with Wifi Calling on an unbranded S7 Edge. Firstly when I purchased my Vodafone S7 Edge from carphone warehouse I wasn't aware that there was any difference between doing this and getting one direct from Vodafone and all the features that were listed on carphone warehouse’s website for the phone I expected to get on mine, including wifi calling. So I was pretty surprised when I first went to try and use wifi calling in my house, which had a very poor signal and it wouldn't work.

I came on here and explained my issue and was basically greeted with a load of sanctimonious posts with people saying the same guff as on this thread, how vodafone CLEARLY makes it known that wifi calling only works on phones bought directly from them, this is of course nonsense.

In the end after a few calls to vodafone and me being persistant an American vodafone employee suggested that there was a way for him to send me the network settings that would enable wifi calling, which he kindly did. So I know 100% that it is Vodafone withholding the feature and not Android or Samsung as some of the overly pretentious posters on here were suggesting the issue was with.

Unfortunately since the Nougat update I've lost wifi calling but I'll give the guide on here a go to get it back. Thanks to the poster who provided it!

jeffkinn
17: Community Champion
Of course it's Vodafone withholding the feature. That's never been denied by anyone. Your anger should be directed at Carphone Warehouse for you are their customer and if they are telling their customers that Wi Fi calling is available on phones bought from them they are lying.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

No, I had never heard of wifi calling until I had a text message from Vodafone informing me of this great new feature.

The problem lies firmley at the feet of Vodafone.

Don't shirk away from your responsability, its a Vodafone problem.

jeffkinn
I have many responsibilities but, as a fellow customer, I'm delighted to say that Vodafone isn't one of them.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

My wifi calling is back on again, thanks alot mark_baguley!

Ok. I had some issue on my account and my online account do not let me enable or disable WiFi calling. 
I spoke with adviser right now and everything was fixed. 
I can confirm - Android 7.0 XEU (Carphone Warehouse UK) - WiFi Calling is working.
Will try to flash BTU at night and check if it works also. If yes i will stay on BTU as it is getting updates earlier than XEU. :Smiling: