Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Wifi Calling gone in 7.0 S7?

dj9928
4: Newbie

So I am running the beta 7.0 for S7, the Wifi calling option has vanished.  Now you may say it hasn't been added yet as its beta but the option is confirmed to be there for EE and 3 sim cards. Vodafone nothing.

84 REPLIES 84

Yes but this is not a solution. Vodafone giving us WiFi Calling and it should work. They released new soft and we are unable to back to it. 

I agree, rolling back is not a solution and I never intended to suggest that it was a solution. It's simply a workaround.  Importantly I now have wifi calling back. I would prefer wifi calling and Nougat but wifi calling is more important to me than Nougat.

The purpose of sharing my experience and diagnostics was to move the debate on and bring some clarification to an issue that is causing confusion.

Hopefully this will encourage Vodafone to do something about the problem with Samsung.

Becca_P
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@iMoCks@milestone

As mentioned by @BandOfBrothers and @jeffkinn Wi-Fi Calling information, along with FAQs which you may find useful, can be found on our website.

And how this FAQ can help me to get back WiFi Calling on my S7 Edge from Vodafone on Android N? 

Becca_P
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@iMoCks

As previously advised, if the phone wasn't purchased directly from Vodafone we're unable to guarantee that Wi-Fi Calling will work.

Phone is from Vodafone. 

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@iMoCks - You’ve mentioned previosuly that you’ve flashed your phone.

As you no longer have a Vodafone branded phone, this may be what’s affected the Wi-Fi calling, as @jeffkinn advised above.

Yes but i tried flash it back to Vodafone Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow VOD CSC and i get German CSC VD2. 
I also tried to restore phone to factory software via Smart Switch giving serial number and model and i get same - VD2 German Vodafone. 
Exactly same problem is with Androidn N 
I am unable to flah back my phone to Vodafone UK software now with VOD CSC. 

I have a branded Vodafone s7 and upgraded to nougat yesterday. I have followed the instructions to get wifi calling, but they step do not work. The instructions say to to applications and then phone o turn it on, but after update, phone it not in applications. 

Can ou ou help me with correct instructions please?

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Rusty5010 Try the following instructions:

- Go into the phone dialler.
- In the top right hand corner click on the menu option button.
- Select 'Settings'.
- Scroll to the bottom of the settings page.
- You'll see the option to enable Wi-Fi calling, move the slider to 'ON'.

Let us know how you get on. :smileyhappy: