Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Xperia t keeps turning off

trunka
2: Seeker

Hi,

I have had my Xperia t for 9 days and up until yesterday all was fine. It has started to turn itself off when using the phone. It can be fine for 30 mins then turn off, once I turn it back on it will turn off within a few seconds. It's very inconsistent but a right pain. I'm going back to the Vodafone store I got it from tomorrow but wanted to see if anyone else has been experiencing this?

Cheers

10 REPLIES 10

gadget_sa
4: Newbie
Just got two of these on upgrades, one Thursday and one Friday.
One of them is fine, but the other has locked up four times in two days.
Twice over the last two nights whilst charging (pain as the alarms don't go off) and twice during the day.
This one will be going back (haven't decided whether to exchange or swap yet), and I'll be putting the other through its paces over the next few days before the 7 day exchange expires.
Not very impressed really.
Gadget Signing off

Go Gadget Go

This message will self destruct but don't worry,
Inspector Gadget is always on duty. (Use email)

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi trunka,

I’m sorry to see you’re having problems with your new phone.

Did you visit the store to get this sorted? Let us know if you need any further help :Smiling:

Gadget_sa, how have you been getting on with these since your post?

As you’re with in your 7 day cooling off period you can arrange a return or exchange by calling 191 and speaking with our Returns Team, or visit the store if you upgraded in store.

Cheers,

Jenny

Hi Jenny,

The store wasn't much help i'm afraid. they did say that I could send the phone off for repair but that would take 2+ weeks to sort. I don't really want to be without the phone for that long. The fault accured again today so I e-mailed vodafone to ask about exchanging it under warranty. i haven't yet heard back from them yet. I don't suppose you know how I would go about exchanging the phone?

many thanks

Retired-Andy
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi trunka,

I’ve checked our email queues and can see that you’ve now received a response to your email. If there’s anything else that we can assist with, please let us know.

Thanks

Andrew

Hi Jenny, apologies - been away and just logged in.

I have arranged to return my Wife's Xperia T under faulty return - and have also requested to come out of commitment.

Unfortunately, due to past history of faulty phones (Galaxy Ace is a good example) she has no confidence in replcaing a faulty one and carrying on in case it happens again as it did with the Galaxy!

Presently my sons is fine and has not shown any faults.

I have told him to push it to its limit before Thursday just in case. Fingers crossed it will stay this way.

Can you confirm for me, once 7 days have passed, is it 30 days warranty for faults with Vodafone and after that its off to the manufacturer??

Cheers

Gadget Signing off

Go Gadget Go

This message will self destruct but don't worry,
Inspector Gadget is always on duty. (Use email)

Hi gadget_sa, 

Once your 7 day cooling off period has passed then the handset would be sent away for repair.

You can get all the info you need on our handset repairs thread

Paul

Hi all,

I have a Sony Xperia T which I have had for about a year, and the day before yesterday it turned itself off. Since then I have no luck in turning the phone back on, I even tried charging it all night to see if there was a fault with the battery but still no luck. Once I have plugged the phone into the wall there is no red light showing on the phone to say it is charging,

I tried the soft reset by pressing the power button and the volume up button but still no had any luck with the phone turning back on. I have tried connecting the phone to my laptop to update the software on my phone to see if it had anything to do with the software. The laptop is not recognising the phone has been connected to the laptop.

I would really appreicate if someone could help me with my problem and I look forward to hearing replies from you all.

Thanks again

Dan

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Dan,

It looks like your phone is faulty.

Please see our repair process here.

Thanks,

Gemma

johnhicks60

My Experia Miro, about a year old, has started turning itself off, and then straight away back on again. Totally random. Sometimes when I am using it, sometimes when I just pick it up. It has also deleted all text messages, sometimes.

Been back to Voda twice for repair, but no better.

Battery been checked by Voda, not the problem

Any thoughts?

Or do I just ask for a new phone?