cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

do customer service managers actualy call you back?

hath_man
4: Newbie
Im seriouslay sick of vodafone customer service or should i say lack of.

Asked to speak to a supervisor at 10am yesterday regarding a faulty product. Told i would get a call back before 3pm as i felt it was an urgent matter.
4 pm comes about in my break at work still no call so i call back only to be told that there was no call back logged so i demanded to speak to a supervisor at that point to only be told that it was not going to happen.. As i was at work in a short break i had to end the conversation.
2 hours later i try again to be told i have to wait 24 hours for a call back unhappy with this i argued that i should have already had a call back and at this point my case had been apparantly escelated however the 24 hours then become 48 hours... At this point i was so wound up i had to end the call.

2 hours lated after trying not to let this get to me i tried again to ask for an estimated time of call to then be told that i would have to wait at least 48 hours.. Would not tell me what point i was at in the cue. Could not explain why my first request had been logged and then went on to complain at me that the call had been 30 min long and we were going around in circles to the point i head someone in the background say "jesus christ" so obviousl some one else was listing in. The supervisor perhaps? Then after not being able to answer my questions they just decided to hang up on me.

Well vodafone.. U have lost 2 customers of over 5 years for this lack of service and understanding when help was required.

I dont think its right that any company should make you feel small and usless and have to be spoken to like you do t matter...

A very sad affair since i when i signed up with you all them years ago along with my girlfriend you were such a good reliable company
29 REPLIES 29

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hello hath_man

If you have a faulty device, you have to follow the repair procedure.  You can find this information on the link below.

Repairing a faulty phone or device

If you still have the manufacturers warranty, you may be better off going straight to a repair centre where you would receive a quicker service.

You you let the forum know which phone or device you have, the forum may be able to give you some support.

hath_man
Its a galaxy s4 only 3 month old with no mobile phone access.. No one even wants to entertain the fact that ive claimed its not fit for purpose under the sale of goods act leaving me in a tight situation.

Where is the repair centre for newcastle gateshead area?

AnnS

@hath_man wrote:
Its a galaxy s4 only 3 month old with no mobile phone access.. No one even wants to entertain the fact that ive claimed its not fit for purpose under the sale of goods act leaving me in a tight situation.

Where is the repair centre for newcastle gateshead area?

Google, Samsung Repair Centres

http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/servicelocation/

hath_man
Ive already tried here.

These stores are run by carphone warehouse and dont have onsite technical teams.

Vodaphone also dont use samsung technicians but there own technical team.. This is something else that concerns me and why i have requested to contact a manager.

Its become clear vodafone wish to do nothing to be helpful or even comunicate with me as a person.

Im constantly been given conflicting information to suit the advisor of the time

jeffkinn

You should revist the local Samsung repair centre. They are usually a Geek Squad inplant in a Carphone Warehouse store and they are official repair agents for Samsung and will repair under warranty. They do have on site technicians (at least the one's I've seen) and they are excellent. 

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

hath_man
Hi. Yeah i tried that again and the tech guy said it was a simple fix.. However since it was under warranty from vodaphone they never wanted to touch it.. And told me vodaphone do t use samsung repairs service but there own

jeffkinn

That's a load of nonsense. You effectively have two waranties - one from Vodafone and one from Samsung. We tell people all of the time to go to the manufacturer for a repair and not the network.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

hath_man
Not the case on this occation apparantly. Ended up having to bite the bullet and take it to the vodafone shop for repair... Did find it funny that the first thing the assistant did when i claimed the phone needed repairing was to just pull the battery off look around under it then tell me there was condentsation on the lens and may not be covered under warranty.. Funny first thing i would have done with a faulty phone that was given to me would be to turn it on and check the problem described.

Starting to feel that this may be yet another vodfone excuse to get out of there obligations

jeffkinn

This is a common issue and it works like this. Vodafone has a back to back warranty with Samsung and if they repair the phone they claim the cost back from the manufacturer. Under that arrangement, if the moisture strips have been activated they will not repair the phone under warranty  as it is classified as having user damage. That is another reason why we advocate using the manufacturer as they usually show a more flexible attitude than the network.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png