Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

htc one x wifi connection problems after jellybean update

njs
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Had my htc one x since July and had no problems with it at all. That is until I installed the upgrade to jellybean since when the phone keeps dropping the wifi connection. I have installed wifi fixer app which does reconnect after it drops but this can take a couple of seconds, which is just about bareable when looking at web pages but is a nightmare when trying to watch streaming such as bbc iplayer.

Has anyone else had this problem and are there any fixes for it

Thanks

21 REPLIES 21

Retired-Simon
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi njs

Thanks for your post. We're not aware of any major concerns with WiFi dropping out after updating to Jelly Bean. If you've noticed this after the updated then I'd recommend backing up all of the data on your phone and then performing a factory reset. If the factory reset doesn't resolve the issue then you would need to look at a repair under warranty - Repair a faulty handset or device

Thanks

Simon

I had this happen to me too.

How I fixed it is detailed in my post in this thread

It might be worth giving that a go and seeing if you have any success.

Let us know how you get on.

rosstheboss
4: Newbie

I'm having the same problem since the last main update - the wifi constantly drops, nothing in particular causes it, it just happens.  The only thing I can think is that it is something to do with my bt router (home hub 3) and the phone, as my wife's phone (an htc one s) doesn't suffer it and neither does anything else (laptops and the like).  I have tried a factory reset and it still happens.  I have changed the router recently and it still happens. It doesn't happen anywhere else though.

Any help gratefully received as the only way to get wifi is to constantly turn it off and on again, annoying! 

Have you tried this?:

Disconnect WiFi

Go into settings > WiFI > Menu button (top right hand corner) > Advanced > tick WiFI best performance

Go to the home screen, drag down from the top to open the notifications bar, untick Power save on (so that pwer save is now turned off)

Turn on WiFi

Tried that, no good I'm afraid!

Hi there rosstheboss,

Could you let me know what happens if you 'forget network' within the WiFi settings and try to reconnect?

Thanks,

LeeH

Tried that one too, did the whole disconnect/forget/reconnect thing and still no joy.  It was fine before the update.   

Right,

One wierd thing that I've noticed (I started poking around after the "Tried that made no difference post further up the thread") is that if I connect to WiFi via the Wifi widget I have it's flakey, where as if I go into settings, and then turn WiFi on in there it works fine.

Wierd.

I have this problem with my Wifi since Jelly Bean update. I have tried most things mentioned so far, although yet to try the static IP/gateway solution some have mentioned on other forums. I have tried connecting through widget and through the main settings, it makes no difference to me. I have factory reset - including storage wipe - to no avail. I find that my Wifi works for a while, say 5-10 mins, but if it goes in to standby and I use it again that's when my internet access is affected. I also find that sometimes my WiFi access from other devices is affected by the phone. If I have this problem and turn off WiFi on my One X everything else can suddenly connect. It's a very frustrating problem!