Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

light sensor Galaxy Note 7

johnasimmons
4: Newbie

After 48 hours of my replacement Note 7 the light sensor has stopped working - any one else got this problem?

10 REPLIES 10

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @johnasimmons

Can you try a soft reboot by turning it off and on. 

I assume no case or screen screen shield is hindering it. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Hi

tried the soft reboot and the problem persists. I have had to turn off auto-brightness to see the screen.

Not sounding good. 

Have you tried a Google Search to see if any other owners have experienced this ?

If a wipe cache partition clean does not help as per the advice from a Google search......

"Step #1 Turn your phone OFF.

Step #2 Boot into Recovery Mode:- Press and hold, simultaneously, the Volume UP + Power + Home buttons until you see some small, blue, writing appear in the top left hand corner of the screen and release immediately.

Step #3 You will then see the small, stock, Recovery menu. Using the Volume UP and DOWN buttons, navigate to the menu item "Wipe cache partition".

Step #4 Once the option is highlighted you can use the Power key to enact the wipe and reboot your phone."

and or factory reset after a back up then if this was my phone I'd speak with Uk Samsung Support and or visit a Samsung Service Centre if one was near me. 

Failing that have Vodafone deal with it. 

Current Phone  >

johnasimmons
4: Newbie
Did not find anything else on the web about this issue and I am a bit reluctant to contact Vodafone after the rigmarole of swaping my phone last week.

Ok.

Then may I still suggest to use the Samsung help routes. 

samsung uk support.

samsung service-location.

Current Phone  >

I emailed Samsung UK support, awaiting a reply.

Well...

Samsung UK told me to contact Vodafone on 191 - they told me to take the phone into my nearest Vodafone shop to get it sent off for repair - the shop said it needs to be exchanged and told me to phone 191 again - HQ told me to take it to a shop for repair...

this is pathetic!

Hi @johnasimmons

Our store can send your device off for repair; if the issue turns out to be due to a manufacturing fault then the warranty will cover this, otherwise, there may be a charge. Our Repairs Centre would get in touch with you to notify you of any charges, if they're needed.

I'm unsure why Samsung have advised you'd need to contact us directly, as they should've been able to look into this issues you're having too.

Thanks,

Sarah 

Hi @Sarah_L

thnks for the advice - I spent over a hour on the phone to Vodafone yesterday who have now authorised a like-for-like exchange early next week.

regards

John