Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

not receiving text messages from one person

DevaDut18
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

I've got Sony Xperia M4 Aqua and I can send texts or calls and so receive from anyone, but there's a person I text/ call and they can call me back and also text me but I never receive their text until midnight at 00:00am. It been quite 4 days now since this keeps happening.

Thanks, hope someone can help me out with this..

5 REPLIES 5

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @DevaDut18

This could be attributed to signal strength where you both are. 

Mast congestion can cause issues. 

Are you both on Vodafone?

Process of elimination: Can you try you're Sim card in another phone to rule out either the Sim or Account or Phone which may be at fault. Also if you can try another Sim Card in your phone. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thanks for the answer, I will try that hoping it will work out somehow.. and no the person I'm texting is on LycaMobile.

BandOfBrothers

You're welcome. 

Normally I'd suggest a sim swap to replace your SIM card but as you state this is happening with only one particular mobile number. 

It may still be helpful to try another phone if you have access to one to borrow. 

As I said it maybe beneficial then to speak with your own networks customer service as your both in different networks. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thank you, the problem been solved out!!

AnnS

Hi @DevaDut18

The problem with LycaMobile numbers is that although they start with 07,  the numbers are registered in the Isle of Man and therefore it is regarded as texting an overseas number and will be charges as out of bundle at 18p per message.

You are probably texting 07404 which is the code for LycaMobile numbers, try swapping the 0 with +44 following by 7..., it may work.

The other alternative is to check your online account under services > bars, to make sure there is no restriction enabled for texting an overseas number.

edit @DevaDut18

If the LycaMobile number is having problems calling and texting you, its basically the same, ask them to swap the 0 with +44.  If you are unable to receive calls from LycaMobile, the call may be failing at the senders end, ask the sender to check for bars.