Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

smart ultra 6 rant

hooker1uk
14: Advanced member
14: Advanced member

This is not here for help and support, it's more a log of issues I've had (so I can divert VF to see the issues in writing)

Device failed originally with the touchscreen playing up and the headphone socket was not working properly

Came back with a new logic board (according to VF's repair status)

less than 24 hours later it's back in repair as the touchscreen issues were getting worse. (taps registering in the wrong place and refused to play ball) Also since logic board replacement when using bluetooth the wifi freezes and drops out while staying connected and runs a LOT hotter

It comes back with a new touchscreen. 

bluetooth, wifi and heat become a huge issue. (phone gives an overheating warning while trying to skype and wifi freezes within a few mins - tested on multiple wifi routers. ) - replace nokia bh 214 and pebble smartwatch
issue continues.

sent it in and now it's on the way after a software update. (oh joys something they've now done every time they have the device) I was under the assumption on the third repair it gets replaced but foncare say no!

Guessing we'll see what it's like tomorrow if it's ready for collection. 

Paul - Blogger at imwellconfused.me.uk @hooker1uk 

Current devices: Nokia e7-00, Smart ultra 7 - archos xenon 96 

Disclosure! I review devices, products and services in partnership with Vodafone UK on imwellconfused uk. Anything I post here is not affiliated or endorsed by Vodafone UK. 

2 REPLIES 2

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @hooker1uk

I'm not surprised your frustrated and perhaps lost confidence in the phone after those sequence of events. 

It's a shame these issues didn't present themselves before the initial 30 days of ownership was up. 

If the phone presents the same / similar issues again then if this was my phone I'd be asking if some form of decision can be made to replace, although they don't have to as the phone comes with a 24 month warranty which I'm sure your aware of which would cover repairing the phone under that warranty. 

Something that maybe of interest. 

Link > which ~ consumer-rights-act.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

hrym

Depending on how long you've had the phone, you could try the "not of merchantable quality" route.   I've used it very effectively on a few occasions: the shop is getting diffuclt, so I ask "are you telling me it's not of merchantable quality?"   They're not quite sure what it means, but it sounds legal and often gets you a replacement.