Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

unlocking a phone with sim lock

gingermofo
3: Seeker
hi, I have bought a Sony z5 that is locked to Vodafone, I want to unlock to all networks and I understand I need to be a vf customer for 30 days, which is fine but I checked the sim lock status and it says I have 0 tries left on the network lock. will you supply a master code or will the unlock code still work? I am worried that if I put in the Nuc code it will turn the phone into an attractive and expensive brick. Please advise! thanks
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi

I think you may need to speak with Sony UK support as they maybe able to supply a master code to reset this for you. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

View solution in original position

7 REPLIES 7

BandOfBrothers

Hi

I think you may need to speak with Sony UK support as they maybe able to supply a master code to reset this for you. 

Current Phone  >

Retired-LouiseE
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hello @gingermofo

I would follow @BandOfBrothers' advice and contcat Sony directly to discuss this. 

Also, providing the device is second hand, are you still in contact with the original owner?

Louise

gingermofo
Hey louise, thanks for the reply, I think the phone is actually third hand so it's pretty unlikely I can find the original owner. I have now sent it off to Sony for resetting so I will see what happens.

Hello @gingermofo

Thank you for getting back to me, please let me know how you get on after receiving the phone back from Sony. 

Louise

gingermofo
No worries, will do 🙂 thanks for your help

gingermofo
Hiya Vodafone peeps, just an update from me, I have received my phone back from Sony, they fixed the problem free of charge. Well, what I think they did was reset the network pin tries so I can now unlock onto three in a couple of weeks. Lots of people have slated Sony customer service but I have nothing bad to say about them. It was a couple of days late back but I got communication to say it would be so yep, no complaints. Many thanks everyone and @Louise_E 🙂

BandOfBrothers

Just as I thought - Sony Customer service helped by resetting this for you. 

Glad you were helped. 

Current Phone  >