cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

vodafone wifi call always on even when no wifi.

GoNz0
13: Advanced Member

This seems to be a bug introduced with android 7 on the Samsung S6.

On android 6 I would only see the wifi calling lit up when I had next to no signal and connected to wifi such as being inside my local metal Tesco's.

When my phone got the Android 7 update wifi calling seemed to be on all the time even when out driving with no wifi, it goes off once in a blue moon.

Due to this and such a big update I ran a factory reset but the problem came straight back, even last weeks update didn't fix this.

Even turning WiFi off results in wifi calling still showing on the meny bar and drop down.

Am I alone on this?

16 REPLIES 16

Will
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @GoNz0

Is the option to turn Wi-Fi Calling greyed out? Are you able to manually turn this option on and off again?

GoNz0

It is not greyed out Will, it can be turned on and off. I have waited to reply as I had other bugs that the samsung settings restore seemed to cause, delayed push notifications.

Last night I did a clean install and manually added everything back. Sent the text to activate wifi calling and had it confirmed this morning, turned it on in settings and the damn thing appeared again even though I have a full signal, I turned wifi off and the bloody thing is still staring back at me.

Has to be a bug with the android 7.0 release as it worked as expected before, in other words never in the town I live in until I go into the metal walled Tesco where it would switch to wifi calling for the duration of my visit.

I am at a loss now.

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@GoNz0 We'd like to take a closer look into this for you.

So we can ensure everything is set up on your account correctly, I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch with our team directly. 

GoNz0

Hate to tell you the obvious but it is setup fine. Did you miss the part where I said I  turn off Wi-Fi and it still shows I am on Wi-Fi calling?

Got to love random software bugs.

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

@GoNz0 - That's strange isn't it. 

So we can take a closer look into this, please send us your details via the private message @Tash sent to you. 

GoNz0

I did, and it is very very annoying and frustrating when you get a message back saying they need to speak to the account holder to give me permission even though I have full authority on the account.

This happens every time and quite frankly takes the pee, no wonder vodafone get voted worst on customer service.

My wife is still waiting for a call to tell you lot to stop pestering her for permission when she has granted it several times.

Needless to say I will not be renewing my contract at this rate.

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@GoNz0 Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Our team will need to complete security to access the account, however once we do this with the account holder we can ensure you're added as an authorised contact :smileyhappy:

So we can check on the progress of your email for you, please confirm the reference number you received in the automated email response (this will look similar to #12345678).

GoNz0

The response is, no one has called!

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@GoNz0 - I can see we’ve received your most recent email, so we’ll be in touch as soon as we can.