Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

vodaphone prime 6 - sms text not working

smallzoo
1: Seeker

For the last month my standard sms txt app on the phone does not work. I have tried loading down other sms apps to compensate but they dont work all tjhe time either. The network is fine, whatsapp fine, email fine etc just the standard sms app.

if I click on it , it opens up for a seocnd then closes.

Can anyone help with this frustrating thing !

3 REPLIES 3

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @smallzoo

If you have tried a reboot and the application will still not open, the next step would be to do a back up and reset.  This will clear the phone of any bugs but at the same time delete everything.  If you take this step, you need to remove any SD card and backing up is important.

If you still have issues and the text message application will not open, please take the phone into a Vodafone Store, they will be able to look at the phone and give you further advise and support.

BandOfBrothers

Hi @smallzoo

If you insert your SIM card into another phone do normal standard text messages then send ?

Is this texts to all contacts or specific ones ?

If not speak with customer service on 191 or live chat to have your account checked. 

If the settings look ok and your text messaging number is set to Message centre number - +447785016005

Then a last resort could be to create a back up and factory reset via the phones settings. This will take the phone back to the last firmware update.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

hrym

You could also try looking for the app in the main Settings|Apps menu.  Force stop it, then clear the cache and data.   That often fixes misbehaving apps.