Skip to content
main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle

Welcome to Vodafone Community

Android

wifi calling s8 plus

Highlighted
6: Helper

Trying to set up wifi calling but the option isn't there? Please don't link me to the setup for the s7 as it's not the same. Bought direct from vodaphone.

Thanks 

View more options
138 REPLIES
11: Established

same here  

View more options

Can only imagine it's not active yet.

View more options
2: Seeker Bronze

Purchased direct from Samsung

Spoke to both Samsung and Vodafone and they tell me that the S8 has been released with the feature disabled. Vodafone are forcing me to send my Phone back to Samsung and purchase from them. But looks this is just a way of delaying my pain and if I even purchased from VF then the issue would be the same.

How a critical feature like this can missed is beyond me...

View more options

I need wifi calling for work if it's not an option mine will be going back can any one from vodafone help or even comment?

View more options

I'm guessing you bought from samsung? As far as I know it's only ever worked if bought from vodafone. Even though there is no option at the moment and mine is from vodafone 

View more options

Mine was brought from Vodafone over the phone so it's not just the ones that have been brought from samsung 

View more options

@bazjohn11 @Jacko20jj Wi-Fi Calling can be found within the specifications of the Galaxy S8, and is available with Red Extra and Red Entertainment plans.

I've contacted our dedicated team to look into this further. Once we receive any updates, we'll update the thread.

View more options

Hi Natahsha, 

I'm guessing no one at Vodafone can let us know the situation with this? This is hugely inconvenient for me as I get no signal at all at work. 

Thanks 

View more options
17: Community Champion

Hi

WiFi calling is reserved for eligible Samsung phones supplied directly by Vodafone. 

Right now the s8 phones haven't been added to the eligible list on the website so they may not work yet. 

IMG_1084.JPG

View more options

@Jacko20jj

As Natasha advised above we're looking into this.

We'll update the thread when we know more.

View more options

Not even sure yet what plan I'm on as meant to have got a e-mail and this has not been received @Natasha I get unlimited text's and minutes and 24 gb of data at a cost of £52 per month not sure if that is a red extra or red entertainment I was on a entertainment package before the upgrade 

View more options
3: Seeker Silver

It's really pathetic tht they are doing the same mistake as they did during the s7 - when i purchased the s7 last year wifi calling was not available until after a month when they realised it. It looks like the same thing this year.

I dont udnerstand how other operators got it working ? My friend on EE with the S8 has wifi calling from the box.... :/ Seriously Vodafone need tp up their game !

View more options

Iv sent the phone back and I am using  my iPhone 7 plus again. Phone is useless without wifi calling I need it for work couldn't wait around with no calls while Vodaphone decide what's going on. Little bit  ridiculous how no one can answer as to what's going on either. 

View more options
1: Seeker

This is really very disappointing Vodafone. I am a new customer and I can't use my phone at home. Very frustrating. Not great start for my new contract......

View more options

Hi all, 

As soon as Wi-Fi Calling can be used on the Samsung S8, it'll be updated in the compatible devices list on the Wi-Fi Calling page of our website. 

View more options

Honestly  even by Vodafone standards I'm impressed. Anyone who needs wifi calling can move send there phone back and move to EE or O2 for it to work now. Now there's an proper update for you. 

View more options

What a ridiculous update. This week I have spent several hours speaking to Vodafone trying to make sense of their policies. I think that Vodafone has lost all sense of perspective when it comes to supporting business customers, they are more interested in making silly adverts on the top of mountains instead of listening that what customers want.... its just arrogant....

You speak to the sales team and they tell you the only way to get wifi calling on the S8 is to buy the phone direct from them, but we know that this does not work. So you then speak to their retentions team who tell you that this is total rubbish and the wifi calling is a feature of the phone and that as a business cusotmer you are paying for this facility as part of your tarriff. And lets face it this facility off loads traffic from their network so it does both VF and the customer a favour,,, interrnally VF are battling against each other without any unified voice.

At the end of the day nobody at VF has a clue and/or is prepared to take ownership of this core business service. I think they have lost control and are now more interested in consumer accounts who maybe don't require services such as WIFI calling.

I think the last comment sums the best option - Switch to EE or O2 as they are more geared up for servicing the business community, they have listened to what is important to customers and acted on that information.

Total confusion and lack of urgency from VF. Which is a shame because Samsung have tried so hard to bring a great phone to market, pity that VF failed to show it off properly and left customers cold...

View more options

Hi

Any update on this missing Feature in S8 Plus. It will be shame to lose this feature when we buy premium handset on a expensive 2 year contract and especially when Vodafone signal is not reliable in home 😣

View more options

I also do not have the option of Wi-Fi calling. I have had the feature enabled on the Vodafone website since 19th April and received my S8 on 20th April. I still do not have the option even visible in the settings. Gone through many hard resets, removing of SIM etc. 2 colleagues also do not have Wi-Fi calling available from their Vodafone Samsung Galaxy S8s. This is a wide issue with Vodafone and I'll probably be changing provider soon as I require Wi-Fi calling at my workplace.

View more options

Attachments