Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

wifi calling s8 plus

Jacko20jj
7: Helper
7: Helper

Trying to set up wifi calling but the option isn't there? Please don't link me to the setup for the s7 as it's not the same. Bought direct from vodaphone.

Thanks 

204 REPLIES 204

bazjohn11
10: Established
10: Established

same here  

Can only imagine it's not active yet.

@bazjohn11

Just got mine working after i had Vodafone activate wifi calling on my account last week. 

Step 1 get Vodafone to activate wifi calling on your account. 

Step 2 Go to Settings then Apps then select "Show system apps" from pull down menu. then scroll down to where you will finally find the android wifi file. 

Click the file and turn on the permissions at the bottom.

Step 3 go to this you tube link follow instruction https://youtu.be/00ZT_Uqf5AE

Thank me later

images4life
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Purchased direct from Samsung

Spoke to both Samsung and Vodafone and they tell me that the S8 has been released with the feature disabled. Vodafone are forcing me to send my Phone back to Samsung and purchase from them. But looks this is just a way of delaying my pain and if I even purchased from VF then the issue would be the same.

How a critical feature like this can missed is beyond me...

I need wifi calling for work if it's not an option mine will be going back can any one from vodafone help or even comment?

@Jacko20jj wrote:

I need wifi calling for work if it's not an option mine will be going back can any one from vodafone help or even comment?

Step 1 get Vodafone to activate wifi calling on your account. 

Step 2 Go to Settings then Apps then select "Show system apps" from pull down menu. then scroll down to where you will finally find the android wifi file. 

Click the file and turn on the permissions at the bottom.

Step 3 go to this you tube link follow instruction https://youtu.be/00ZT_Uqf5AE

Thank me later

I'm guessing you bought from samsung? As far as I know it's only ever worked if bought from vodafone. Even though there is no option at the moment and mine is from vodafone 

Mine was brought from Vodafone over the phone so it's not just the ones that have been brought from samsung 

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@bazjohn11 @Jacko20jj Wi-Fi Calling can be found within the specifications of the Galaxy S8, and is available with Red Extra and Red Entertainment plans.

I've contacted our dedicated team to look into this further. Once we receive any updates, we'll update the thread.