Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

wifi calling s8 plus

Jacko20jj
7: Helper
7: Helper

Trying to set up wifi calling but the option isn't there? Please don't link me to the setup for the s7 as it's not the same. Bought direct from vodaphone.

Thanks 

204 REPLIES 204

Hi Natahsha, 

I'm guessing no one at Vodafone can let us know the situation with this? This is hugely inconvenient for me as I get no signal at all at work. 

Thanks 

Sukhi
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Jacko20jj

As Natasha advised above we're looking into this.

We'll update the thread when we know more.

bazjohn11
10: Established
10: Established

Not even sure yet what plan I'm on as meant to have got a e-mail and this has not been received @Natasha I get unlimited text's and minutes and 24 gb of data at a cost of £52 per month not sure if that is a red extra or red entertainment I was on a entertainment package before the upgrade 

It's really pathetic tht they are doing the same mistake as they did during the s7 - when i purchased the s7 last year wifi calling was not available until after a month when they realised it. It looks like the same thing this year.

I dont udnerstand how other operators got it working ? My friend on EE with the S8 has wifi calling from the box.... 😕 Seriously Vodafone need tp up their game !

Iv sent the phone back and I am using  my iPhone 7 plus again. Phone is useless without wifi calling I need it for work couldn't wait around with no calls while Vodaphone decide what's going on. Little bit  ridiculous how no one can answer as to what's going on either. 

Hi anyone still having problems with WIFI calling then download latest XEU Firmware United kingdom/Ireland off Sammobile website and flash it through Odin make sure you flash home csc to keep the correct country code otherwise you may end up with a country code that you dont want and its irreversible. Once flashed you may have to do a factory reset, but once you've gone through set up again, go to phone settings and scroll down and WIFI calling will 100% be there. Click on red XEU below to take you to correct firmware download page 👍 enjoy. 

ModelSM-G950F
Model nameGalaxy S8
CountryUnited Kingdom / Ireland
VersionAndroid 7
Changelist11544126
Build dateThu, 08 Jun 2017 13:09:40 +0000
Security Patch Level2017-06-01
Product codeXEU
PDAG950FXXU1AQF7
CSCG950FOXM1AQF7

Hi Thx for info may consider that but does wifi calling work on that? Was that a phone direct from vodafone?

No I bought it from third party company but it doesn't matter as the Wi-Fi calling is built into the firmware you flash which reminds me you can only flash XEU Firmware on an unlocked device if it's locked to just Vodafone then you cannot flash it it will brick your device. My phone was carrier branded locked to Vodafone so i paid to get it unlocked and flashed the XEU International unlocked firmware version. I hope this helps you.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't think It's quite as simple as just flashing your phone with different firmware.. if you change the CSC code you might not be able to go back as the Vodafone UK firmware which will limit you from using services such as voLTE (calls over 4G). I imagine when it's released to phones other than the Sony it'll be to 'phones purchased from Vodafone only' which will require your CSC to be VOD.

On the S7 if you tried to flash back to Voda you'd end up on VD2 not VOD which affected services and there wasn't an easy way to change it unless you jailbroke your phone and tripped Knox which was an issue all of its own.

I know they're being slow with it but it's better they get it right the second time around and you don't lose access to future services. 

If anyone is going to do it they should check over at sammoble and read through the forums.

Well I got my device unlocked and flashed the XEU International unlocked firmware version and as long as you flash the home csc it'll be fine I know because I've done it and my device is fine and WIFI calling is now in my phone settings.