Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

iPhone 6 - stuck on 3G and can't pick up 4G

JordanMcDonnell
1: Seeker
Hi,

I had 4G earlier on my phone, the signal dropped from 5/5 bars (circles) to 1/5. The 4G disappeared and 3G returned in its place. I tried turning the phone off and resetting the network settings, but it remains as 3G. I am in an area which receives 4G signal - usually at 5/5 bars or 4/5. I am obviously on a 4G enabled tariff..

I have no idea what else to try? Any suggestions?

Thanks!
1 REPLY 1

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi

Does this happen in one place or everywhere ?

If at home perhaps check your local and surrounding masts via Vodafone Network Mast Checker

If they look fine then try a Reset of the iPhone via holding the power button and home button until the  logo appears and then let go. 

If that does not help turn the iPhone off , remove sim and wipe it, re insert and power back on. 

Text WEB to 40127 and save the APN Settings. You can also double check the APN Sertings in the iPhone. Device Guide.

Contact Customer Services on 191 or Live Chat to have your account settings checked. 

No joy? Try your SIM card in another phone you know works on Vodafones 4G service. If no 4G then your sim may have failed in some way. A Vodafone Shop can perform a Sim Swap which moves your number and tariff to a new SIM card. Take some ID to show your the account holder. 

If your sim works as it should in another phone then I'd suggest making a https://www.apple.com/uk/retail/geniusbar/ appointment at your most local  store for a diagnostic to be run. Or if it's under 14 days of being owned by you and has been supplied by Vodafone you can request a replacement. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.