Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Cannot connect to mobile internet

Patrickc123
3: Seeker

Been back and forth between live chat and phone line and nobody seems to know what is wrong. I'm sure it's a problem with the network. I missed a bill payment so a bar was put on my account. I paid my bill and the bar was lifted and it worked fine for about a day. Out of nowhere, my mobile internet stops connecting to anything.

The 4G symbol is displayed at the top with full signal bars but when I try to load a website or use an app like Facebook for example it just sticks on loading and can't connect. The Vodafone customer service agents keep telling me that all bars are lifted and that they refresh my internet settings but this never works. I can make phone calls and send texts completely fine.

Breakdown of what Vodafone agents have advised so far with no success:

- Turned phone off and on.
- Hard reset.
- Airplane mode on and off.
- Set username as 'web' on LTE setup
- Download settings profile from URL agent sent me
- Remove SIM card and re-insert
- Manually select carrier
- Manually select another carrier then back to Vodafone
- Tried sim in my friends iPhone, experiences same problem. My phone can connect to 4G mobile internet perfect with his SIM card inserted.

Other than that, it seems that I (and Vodafone) are at a loss. Only other thing I can try is to get a new SIM card but that doesn't make much sense as I can still make phone calls and send texts aka can connect to the Vodafone network fine.

Hoping someone here has encountered the same issue and has some sort of miracle fix.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi

Yes I've seen similar posts where services have been affected after an account restriction. 

The idea of a Sim Swap to replace your own SIM card is a sound one as a process of elimination. I assume this issue exists even away from your local masts which would rule out a local mast issue ?

It does appear to be your account if you've used another known to be working phone and your encountering the same issue. 

Try-> Settings -> General-> Reset -> Reset Network Settings. 

Texting WEB to 40127 will invoke the APN settings to be sent to your phone and or hooking up the iPhone to iTunes can help with settings. 

These are the APN Settings from GeekSquad. Can you please just take a look paying specific attention to the specific settings for Pay Monthly and Payg parts. 

Tap Settings.
In the first section tap Mobile/Cellular.
Tap Mobile data network/Cellular data network.
Enter the following settings into the onscreen form, without changing any other settings;
Mobile/Cellular Data:
APN - internet (PAYG - pp.vodafone.co.uk)
Username - web (PAYG - wap)
Password - web (PAYG - wap)
Visual Voicemail:
MMS:
MMSC - http://mms.vodafone.co.uk/servlets/mms
MMS Proxy - 212.183.137.12:8799
MMS Max Message Size - 307200
(As a check, the image below shows blue text in the fields you should have completed)
Tap the left arrow at the top three times
Press the home button
On the status bar at the top of the screen, next to the name of your mobile network, you should now see a data connection indicator 4G, 3G, E or GPRS. This means the data connection is live and working.

Lastly I understand they have tried to refresh the Data part of your account but if this does not work then try asking them to Fully Reset your Account which Resets everything which may jolt the Data part into working. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

View solution in original position

4 REPLIES 4

BandOfBrothers

Hi

Yes I've seen similar posts where services have been affected after an account restriction. 

The idea of a Sim Swap to replace your own SIM card is a sound one as a process of elimination. I assume this issue exists even away from your local masts which would rule out a local mast issue ?

It does appear to be your account if you've used another known to be working phone and your encountering the same issue. 

Try-> Settings -> General-> Reset -> Reset Network Settings. 

Texting WEB to 40127 will invoke the APN settings to be sent to your phone and or hooking up the iPhone to iTunes can help with settings. 

These are the APN Settings from GeekSquad. Can you please just take a look paying specific attention to the specific settings for Pay Monthly and Payg parts. 

Tap Settings.
In the first section tap Mobile/Cellular.
Tap Mobile data network/Cellular data network.
Enter the following settings into the onscreen form, without changing any other settings;
Mobile/Cellular Data:
Visual Voicemail:
MMS:
MMSC - http://mms.vodafone.co.uk/servlets/mms
MMS Proxy - 212.183.137.12:8799
MMS Max Message Size - 307200
(As a check, the image below shows blue text in the fields you should have completed)
Tap the left arrow at the top three times
Press the home button
On the status bar at the top of the screen, next to the name of your mobile network, you should now see a data connection indicator 4G, 3G, E or GPRS. This means the data connection is live and working.

Lastly I understand they have tried to refresh the Data part of your account but if this does not work then try asking them to Fully Reset your Account which Resets everything which may jolt the Data part into working. 

Current Phone  >

Patrickc123
Thanks, I did this and restarted my phone. Working perfectly now, you're a lifesaver!!

Awesome news. 

You're very welcome.  

Current Phone  >

StarJay
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Try this for iPhones: 

• Restart your iPhone
  • Airplane Mode off.
  • Forget Network and reconnect 
  • Reset iPhone 
  • Download latest OS