Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

The Pre-order Farce

edinscott34
4: Newbie

So like many others on here I have had nothing short of a nightmare with my pre-order of an iPhone 6s Plus 64gb Rose Gold,  below are the absolute nightmare sequence of events

Sat 12th 8:15am

I pre-order and pay for my iPhone 6s Plus 64gb Rose Gold,  and receive all the order confirmations by text and email immediately after the order confirming delivery should be on the 25th Sept. 

Monday 14th

I receive a delivery from DPD which is someone elses sim card,  with his name and address on the package - VF advise that this was sent in error and that DPD would collect it (Still not collected)

Tuesday 15th

I receive another sim card from DPD which this time is actually for me (VF advise that the sim has been sent in advance of the phone)

Wednesday 16th

I get an email saying my bill is ready,  this bill is for usage between the 13th and 23rd Sept (I still havent got the phone so shouldnt be billed yet),  advised on chat again this is an error and in fact the money wont come out my account,  the advisor even texts me to confirm this. 

Thursday 24th

Get another email saying my bill is ready,  this bill covers between the 23rd Sept - 22nd Oct (again these dates are wrong as up until then I wasnt due the phone until the 25th) - I go onto the chat and Im advised I need to phone as there appears to be a problem with my order

I call customer services and I'm advised that there has been some sort of problem with my order and VF have had to cancel my order and that they would need to do a reorder and then give me a priority delivery which would be no later than Monday (So no Friday delivery for me sadly),  also advised that they would correct my incorrect bill and that I wouldnt be billed until I get the handset

Friday 25th

I check my bank account and the bill for between the 13th-23rd which was meant to be cancelled has in fact come out of my account,  I again talk to vodafone who have no record of anyone cancelling or sorting out that error,  they credit my account for the amount I have been billed.  They also advise me that my new iphone would be arriving between 3-4pm on Monday

Monday 28th

I still havent received any notiication from DPD about my delivery so I again call VF,  I am then advised that they had in fact again cancelled the order by error (for a second time),  this time I demand that I talk to a manager who explains that they had technical issues with a number of preorders for the iPhone and that I had just been "unfortunate" that this had happened twice to me.......she then advises me that she will personally do the reorder herself and ensure it goes through,  however there was now a 4 week waiting list for the rose gold iphone 6s plus so realistically I wouldnt get it until the end of October,  she was unable to explain how this had happened and there was hardly any notes put on the system from my many other calls prior to talking to her.  She placed my reorder and credited my account with £50 as an apology for the inconvenience (and the fact I had taken time off for the promised delivery on the Monday)

I have now received the new order number and frustratingly now wait 4 weeks for my new handset 

Throughout this entire process I spent around 4/5 hours on the phone (most of which on hold), I was hung up on twice, I was given contradicting information on at least 3 occassions both on the phone and on chat,  and I paid for a phone on the 12th Sept which I will now not receive until the end of October,  even though they have given my order what they call "priority one" which means I should get my phone as a priority over other orders.  (the website and tracker are saying delivery between 1st-8th Oct, I was assured by VF that this was incorrect and that it would definitey be at least 4 weeks,  they are lying to customers and potential customers by stating these wrong dates)

In no world is this classed as good customer service,  and if Im ever asked if I would recommend VF I think the answer now would be very obvious.....also it would appear that VF never apologise,  at no point in this process have they said sorry 

35 REPLIES 35

sammycunners
2: Seeker

i preorded then had this cancelled by vodafone, they then sent the wrong phone, i had this sorted for exchange and they have sent exactly the same phone that i sent back!! run by bloody idiots, i am cancelling my contract and going with o2!!

like many of you i am very disappointed in how this has been handled. Still no information regarding stock and when we can expect delivery of our new phones. I have been promised from live chat that i have been moved up priority and with the provided information should have received phone at beginning of week.

Can it be so hard to have a page that details, the current status and when we can expect delivery.

Why is there no announcement on this forum / site explaining what has gone wrong.

edinscott34
4: Newbie
I was advised yesterday that they now had stock and that we should expect delivery within 2-3 working days....this is the last chance I am giving VF

t_f_m3000009090

Ordered 6s plus space grey 64gb on 14th September (online upgrade) 

Given delivery estimate of 1st - 8th October. 

Onling tracking has been on stage 2 since the 15th Sept.

Spoke to customer services on Thursday 8th having heard nothing since ordering......was told the phone had been delivered to my local store for collection. I went to the store.....who had no phone! 

Spoke to live chat this morning - to be told phone had been dispatched and would be delivered to the store today after 1pm and to expect a text and an email.

At 4pm (having received no email or text) I called customer services, who advised me that it was in store but that I should call the store to check (I was then given a phone number which didnt work) 

I called back, to be told I should just turn up at the store tomorrow morning and that if the phone wasn't there, to call customer services whilst in the store so that the advisor could speak to the shop staff!!!!??! 

Having received this incredible piece of advice, I decided to enquire on live chat again - to be told the order would be in the store tomorrow and that (surprise, surprise) I would receive a text and an email confirming this. 

I am actually dumbfounded! 

My online tracking is still on the same status as day 1 after order. No further correspondance from vodaphone or DPD. DPD normally would send text to indicate time frame for delivery. Very disappointed with all parties involved. 

But good news my iPhone 64GB 6s Plus was delivered today. All set up and ready to go. Now a trip to local vodaphone store tomorrow, to see what they have to say.

as mentioned before, some simple information would have sufficed....

for information and reference, i preordered on the 19th September.....

Well, as expected...after VF told us that their was an error with our order..and that the tracker was wrong and showing the phone was out for delivery, VF catagorically stated it was an error and it wasnt..the next morning the phone turned up.. thats after VF ordered a new handset to complete the order.. now a week later a second handset has turned up!! so we now have 2 rose gold 64gb... anybody want one ?..lol