Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

3G not working..

CallumHilton
2: Seeker
Right basically I need info. I'm 16 years old and I have recently purchased a Vodafone Uk iPhone 4S on 33 pounds a month! Which I expect to actually get 3G on, but the only place I have been to with 3G is Hertfordshire..I live in Lincolnshire. The odd time at school also but only for about 2 minutes? I've done all the trouble shooting settings and changed an reset network cellular data settings, but it still has a little 'o' and occasionally an 'e' where 3G is supposed to be! My postcode is ln4 2hd, is there any problems in that area? Get back ASAP please! Callum
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

grolschuk
Community Champion (Retired)
Community Champion (Retired)

I am sorry to say, but a little bit of research would have done the world of good on this.

According to the coverage map at www.vodafone.co.uk/coverage

typing in your post code puts your somewhere near Nocton/Dunston, in the SE of Lincoln.

While there is very good coverage for phone calls and text, there is next to no service for data.

What happens if you go into the city centre, do you get a better 3g signal? As even Sleaford is not a good place to go.

Edit: Also, if you are 16 and the phone and contract is yours, I am not sure what you can do, as there is a pretty big tick box saying that you are over 18 and agree to the terms of use.

View solution in original position

19 REPLIES 19

rockabilly99
CF47 9LF

Hi rockabilly99

Thanks for your post. There seems to be an issue with your local site (8084). This is being investigated under reference INC927545.

Our engineers will have things back up and running as soon as possible.

Thanks

Wayne

It is coming up to a month now and I have not been able to use any of my devices while out and about , will there be some sort of rebate

Hi rockabilly99

We can only refund the line rental where there’s a total outage on the site.

As this is only affecting 3G and 2G is still available, we’ll not be able to give any refunds or goodwill gestures.

Thanks

Simon

rockabilly99
That's an absolute disgrace. I pay almost £80 a month for these services, one of which I only started in September

Hi rockabilly99

Your Pay monthly airtime conditions don’t guarantee a 3G service. The line rental you pay is for a connection to the Vodafone network, whether that’s on 2G, 3G or 4G.

For this reason we can only offer line rental refunds where there’s no access to the network, and this isn’t the case here.

Thanks

Simon

ok this situation has now got worse. it is now also a problem with calls and texts. I also have a friend who has had a conversation with a vodafone advisor and a confirmation twxt saying a refund would be forthcoming, I have a copy of this.

I pay £80 per month for 3 plans which include calls texts and data. I partially get 2 out of 3 and none of the other therefore my contract is not being fulfilled by yourselves ie. you are not giving me the service i pay for

Hi rockabilly99

Unless you’re having a complete outage, (which isn’t the case here) we can’t offer line rental refunds.

Have you tried switching to 2G only? It may give you a more stable, (albeit slower) connection.

Our engineers are still working on things. We’ll get everything sorted as quickly as possible.

Thanks

Wayne

I have an iphone 5s and the 3g icon is displayed at the top of the phone & on the network coverage checker I'm in a 3g area but it is not working. Postcode NN8 6XY.

Please help!

Retired-Simon
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi LF84

Thanks for your post.

You connect to site 4811 and there was a known issue, which is now fixed.

If you type your full postcode into our Network status checker, you’ll find more details.

Thanks

Simon