Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

4g is not working

amy6302
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I recently upgraded to an Iphone 5s and at first 4g was working fine, but a week ago it just stopped working (i didn't change any settings or anything).

I checked the 4g availability map and it says it should work in all of the areas im having problems with. I've also tried the whole turing it off and on thing, taking the sim card out etc.

Any idea how i fix it? internet and apps are the main thing i use my phone for so its really annoying that it doesnt work

2 REPLIES 2

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion
Hi,

Check in your phones settings that 4G is still turned on which is in Settings,Mobile/Cellular- Enable 4G.

I assume your still able to connect to the Vodaphone data connection but via 3G etc.

Try ->

On the iPhone hold down the Power & Home button together until  Logo shows then release both & the iPhone will reset

Other options are :

Settings -> General -> Reset -> Reset Network Settings.

Do others in the area on Vodaphone achieve 4G ?

Plz try ure Sim in another phone as a process of elimination 2 rule out the phone or sim that may be at fault.

If your SIM card in another phone does not yield results with 4G connection then Check with customer service that your account is ok. Info in the 'Contact Us ' tab at the foot of the forum. You may need to sim swap which can be carried out at any Vodaphone High street store. Take photo ID.

If your sim does yield results with 4G in another 4G phone then if you have checked the settings in the phone and all looks fine and you have an  store local make an appointment here https://www.apple.com/uk/retail/geniusbar/

If you don't have a local  store then approach Vodaphone.

Good luck. 😎

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

sorry i should have said 3g doesn't work either.

i've tried the first two things but neither worked and unfortunately when i tried my sim in another phone it would accept the sim.

should i go to Vodafone to sort this out or does it sound like an apple problem?

Thanks in advance