Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Activating micro SIM

timelordteapot
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hello,

I got a micro SIM for my new (well, second hand) iPhone 4 on Monday. I did everything the instructions said, turned off the phone, put the SIM in, turned it back on, waited... nothing. So after a few hours, I filled in the online form for transferring my number to the new SIM, putting in both the old and new SIM numbers. That was at 5pm on Monday, and it still hasn't activated. Can anyone here help me, or should I just try to get to the Vodafone shop in my lunch break?

Thank you,

Dian

5 REPLIES 5

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi timelordteapot,

Thanks for your post. :Smiling:

It usually only takes around 24 hours for this to activate and so if you’ve been waiting since Monday then we need to look into this for you.

I’ve sent you a PM so please follow the instructions in the PM and one of our team will be able to take a look at this in more detail.

You can find your PM inbox here.

Cheers,

Jenny 

I got a iphone 4 and took it into the vodephone shop to get my number transfered to a micro sim, they said it would be activated in 24 hours. i have waited 30 hours and it still hasen't activated. please help.

HI there

THe quickest way to get this sorted out would be to pop back to your nearest Vodafone store and get them to look into the issue for you.  The eForum Team can help but it will take them about 24 - 48 hours to get in touch.

PWIAC

Its kinda hard for me to get to a vodefone shop because im just a kid.

If you aren't the account holder - you will have to get the person who is to go into store and try to get this sorted for you. 

PWIAC