You are here:
Ask a question:
Rank 1: Guest
Dodge_Voda

Activating micro sim

Currently trying to activate my Micro sim, I am getting told online to ring 17298

However I cannot ring that number as the sim is not active, bit of a catch 22.
Anyway to sort this? 

Message 1 of 6 (46,772 Views)
Rank 33: Scholar II
kids

Re: Activating micro sim

You can ring 191 from a Vodafone phone or the quickest way is to call into a Vodafone store and ask them to activate it for you. That should take no longer than 15 minutes to get up and running.

Message 2 of 6 (46,760 Views)
Dodge_Voda

Unfortunately I dont have the time to pop into a store due to work, unless they are open till 8pm then I may just do that.

And as stated, I can't ring 191 as my sim is not active. So my ideal solution would be the live online chat which I have used before, and have been very helpful, but I can no longer find out how to get this service.

So now it's a case of having a look at the support offered by other providers and potentially switching over 

Message 3 of 6 (46,758 Views)
Rank 33: Scholar II
kids

If you have set up an online account you can activate the sim by logging into the account and activating from there.

The Live Chat generally appears in a pop-up when you are looking at products.

Message 4 of 6 (46,754 Views)
Dodge_Voda

I did try but its saying a verification number will be send to my phone...
Which is unfortunate as I need my sim active in order to recieve the number..

Yep, ive had the online shop open for a while now, still nothing.

Cheers for your advice and replies, im sure it would benefit someone in a different situation, but for now it seems Vodafone may have a grey area when activating sims! 

Message 5 of 6 (46,753 Views)
Tech Team
Ben_H

Hi Dodge_Voda,

You can activate your Micro SIM here if you're unable to pop into a store or call 191 from a Vodafone device. Alternatively you can call from any other number on 08700 700 191. If you're still struggling, you're more than welcome to follow the instructions I've sent to your Private Message inbox here to speak to my team. :smileywink:

Cheers, Ben 

Message 6 of 6 (46,716 Views)