Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Apple Pay

jeffkinn
17: Community Champion

It looks highly likely that Apple Pay is coming to Britain soon and it's likely to be announced at tomorrow evening's WWDC keynote presentation.

Do we think that Apple Pay will finally shake up the mobile phone contactless payment market?

Would you use it if and when it comes here? (Non Apple users can answer as well).

How will this affect the Vodafone offering which has a number of restrictions?

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

49 REPLIES 49

BandOfBrothers
It was  that instigated the verification charge to confirm i was the account holder adding my card.

I hope yours goes without further hitch.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

jeffkinn
MBNA called and the operative tweaked a few settings and lo and behold Apple Pay works and no charges to verify anything. Now all I have to do is use it.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

BandOfBrothers

@jeffkinn wrote:
MBNA called and the operative tweaked a few settings and lo and behold Apple Pay works and no charges to verify anything. Now all I have to do is use it.

Have you been successful in using the service ?

Looks like I'm stuck at the moment as I'm on iOS 8.1.2 !

Current Phone  >

jeffkinn

Yes I have. I forgot to update this thread. I used it in an M&S and on the London Underground. It works perfectly. A pleasure to use. 

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

BandOfBrothers

That's good to hear. 

Ive now had an email from HSBC advising it's now live with them. 

Once I eventualky update my iOS version I'll join in. 😎

Current Phone  >

Made my first purchase using  Pay at my local Morrisons Supermarket yesterday. 

I did get a look from another person using the adjacent self service checkout. ☺️

Current Phone  >

jeffkinn
I didn't know Morrisons are taking Apple Pay. I had to explain what Apple Pay is twice yesterday - once to someone who works at Barclays and once in my local pharmacy.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

BandOfBrothers

Morning. 

Yes it was announced on a few blogs and the  Pay Sign is displayed at the Self Service Checkouts. I've only been in my local one so cannot say if it's national but I would expect so. 

Thats a bit poor having to explain to a Bank ! It kind of defeats the object of convenience of just using the feature if having to explain. 

I now find myself actively looking out for the  Pay sign 😉

Current Phone  >

jeffkinn

According to an article I've just read on Tech Radar any retailer that has a contactless terminal should be able to accept Apple Pay.

It might be worth trying it out at somewhere that doesn't officially accept Apple Pay but does have contactless terminals.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

BandOfBrothers
Just paid at KFC with no issues although the apple pay sign is on the door which I didn't initially notice.

Current Phone  >