Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Apple iPhone 4 - Stuck in connect to iTunes mode

Shellar
Not applicable
Can anyone help me???!!!!

My Iphone 4 wont connect to my itunes and is now stuck with the itunes icon and a USB and an arrow. It just wont recoginse it at all!! I have tried to reset the phone, i've restarted my computer and even taken the sim out but nothing......I can't get it to do anything and could cry.

What can I do??

Many thanks
x
9 REPLIES 9

Retired-Wayne
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)
Hi Shellar and welcome to the eForum

Thanks for your post here. I'm sorry to hear that you are having trouble with this. I appreciate how frustrating this must be for you, but don't worry. I'm sure that we can get you up and running again

Can you try this for me ? :-

• Hard reset the iPhone (hold both buttons until the apple appears). This likely will not fix the problem, but will clear out any cached memory.
  • With iTunes running, connect the iPhone and let it sit a while.
  • If iTunes recognizes the iPhone, try the restore option.Or, failing all of that, try iTunes on a different PC and see if that picks up your iPhone.

Please give this a go and if you have any more questions we'll be happy to help you further

Thanks

Wayne

eForum team

• CarlJ
    4: Newbie
    Sounds like DFU mode buddy.

Download ziphone and see if you can kick it up the backside... or restore.

Using a BB9800 but I miss my nokia 6820 :Sad_face:

croft.j
    4: Newbie
    this happend to me before, i got mine up and running by conecting it to another computer

Hi there,

It has been some time since the original post I notice but it is still showing as not resolved. If you still need assistance, I would suggest downloading a program onto the PC/Laptop called TinyUmbrella, which is usefull for backing up your modem firmware without the use of iTunes, this will also allow you to kick the device out of recovery mode, and reconnect it to iTunes on a different PC or Laptop.

Then do a restore on the device, and then use your backup from iTunes when prompted if you want to restore what you had on their originally.

Otherwise, it may be a fault that needs to be looked at by one of the Apple stores, who will be very helpfull in assesing the issue for you.

Spitfire :smileywink:

RyanThomson2024
    2: Seeker

What a tragedy! If you cannot recover the data by backup in iTunes, I suggest you to try to use iPhone Data Recovery this easy-use recovery tool, it is compatible with your iPhone model and it can not only recover your iPhone data, but also help you get out of the recovery mode of your iPhone when it stuck in recovery mode. You can visit iPhone Stuck in Recovery Mode for more details. Hope this helps!

JamesEdwards
    1: Seeker

Follow the steps below if your iPhone stuck in recovery mode:
    1. Disconnect the iPhone from the computer
    2. Press the home and power button simultaneously till the screen goes blank
    3. Now, press the home button (keep pressing it) and connect the iPhone to the computer
    4. The iPhone should now show the Apple boot logo
    5. And it will enter the recovery mode
    6. Now, fire up iTunes and try restore

If you backup with iTunes and you restored iOS data from the backup . Launch iTunes on the computer and go to iTunes>Preferences>Devices. You will see a window with all of your backups listed in it.

See more information about iTuens backup and restore problem.

http://www.coolmuster.com/idevices/how-to-fix-itunes-backup-restore-problem.html

josephslaker66
    1: Seeker

I think you should try Free iPhone Backup Extractor. This freeware can access your iTunes backup file and extract data from it. 

mecleciz

It's normal that sometimes due to updates errors or other malfunctioning of the device the Apple logo is stuck on the screen. To fix this issue just follow the instructions found on the web. Some of them really could help you just by turning on and off the iPhone. Other situations might be that you need to use a third party software to help you get out of this problem.