Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Apple iPhone 4s Wifi

saraheevans
2: Seeker
2: Seeker
Please help!

My iPhone 4s lost wifi connection on Sunday evening and the wifi option in settings was greyed out. I followed trouble shooting guidelines on the Apple website, which was to do a backup to iTunes, do a factory reset and restore. I managed to do the back up (I think), but the phone wouldn't load and I was left with the Apple logo on screen. I was unable to turn the phone off or access anything at all.

I visited my local Vodafone store, who advised me that it was a hardware issue and I should visit Apple. Today I visited Apple and they managed to reload the operating system, but noticed the wifi button is still greyed out. The phone is useless for anything but calls and texts (I am yet to try and restore contacts). I was told that I'd have to rebook another appointment for another day as other appointments were waiting and that I'd be charged £160 for replacement if it's a hardware issue. Not happy.

I am a foster carer and rely on my iPhones wifi connection for sending and receiving emails quickly. Another 30 mile trip to the nearest Apple Store and spending £160 on a phone that's barely a year old isn't an option for me, especially this side of Christmas and with 3 irate children in tow.

Is there anything Vodafone can do please? If not, is an early upgrade possible? As far as I am aware, the phone is still under warranty with Vodafone.

Thanks.
1 REPLY 1

DaveCD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@saraheevans 

When it comes to the hardware, we'll be happy to take a look at the handset.

We can take a look at this for you, contact our Live help team.

If they're not there straight away, sit tight and an advisor will be with you as soon as they're available.

DaveCD