Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Apple iphone4 error message Cannot Get Mail the connection to the server failed

pfbright
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

My iphone4 suddenly will not receive emails. Error message  Cannot Get Mail  -  The connection to the server failed.

I can send email and use the internet ok

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Mysteriously after installing Yahoo App and moving stock email app from base screen to top screen and replacing with yahoo app (if you understand that!) I have found that stock email app now is getting my emails??!!

So all solved for now thanks Ben and others for having a look. :smileyhappy:

View solution in original position

6 REPLIES 6

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion
Hi

Try closing email app down by quickly double pressing the home button and swipe up the email app card.

Try On the iPhone hold down the Power & Home button together until  Logo shows then release both & the iPhone will reset

If no joy then delete the email account in Settings,mail/contacts/calendars . Touch the email account and delete account at bottom highlighted in red font.

Then re add the email account.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Tried all of this but still get Cannot Get Mail   The connection to the server has failed

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @pfbright 

A couple of questions:

• Which iOS are you currently on?
  • Is this the stock email app?
  • Which email provider is this with? (i.e. Gmail, Yahoo Mail, Hotmail)

Cheers,

Ben

My iphone4 is on ios7.1.2
I use the stock email app on the phone and I am with yahoo

Found a way round it by installing yahoo app from app store and putting my email account through that.

Does not solve why the phone has done what its done through stock email app but at least can get emails :smileyhappy:

Mysteriously after installing Yahoo App and moving stock email app from base screen to top screen and replacing with yahoo app (if you understand that!) I have found that stock email app now is getting my emails??!!

So all solved for now thanks Ben and others for having a look. :smileyhappy: