Support:

Apple

Ask a question:
Rank 1: Guest
V16pjs

Can't connect iPad to sure signal

Hi, I have successfully added 2 iPhones to my sure signal and have been running these for the last 12 months. However I have just bought an iPad 2 and cannot connect this. I have added the cellular data number to the sure signal box but I still have no 3G signal on my iPad. I have tried all of the suggestions i can find on this forum but none have worked. Please help. Also, I topped up my iPad for the first time yesterday with 250mb for 30 days but it says I only have 10 days remaining??
Message 1 of 10 (3,885 Views)
Rank 3: Occasional Poster
Robster2007

Re: Can't connect iPad to sure signal

Hmmmm

I have the same issue but I only wanted to connect to trouble shoot a wifi to 3G connectivity issue.

In reality and under normal circumstances you would not want your iPad connected to your Suresignal, if you do and you are not connected to wifi you will burn through your data allowance, assuming you can get it to connect of course!

At home, you shoudl always try and be on wifi not 3g.

Robin 

Message 2 of 10 (3,875 Views)
V16pjs

I am just trying to make sure the data sim is working correctly really as I won't be using 3G at home very often other than in my conservatory where my wifi signal aways drops and I then switch to using 3G. There is no 3G signal near where I live so wanted to try it out at home before I take my iPad anywhere. Just a bit frustrating when I can't get it to connect to my sure signal.
Message 3 of 10 (3,866 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
James

Hi V16pjs,

I must admit that this is a strange one as it should connect the same as any mobile in the house.

The only suggestion that I have would be to remove the number from the registration and add this back on after one hour as it is possible that the system isn’t recognising the active SIM.

Other than that I would recommend power cycling the iPad and also making Sure WIFI isn’t switched on.

Give this a go and let me know how you get on.

James

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 4 of 10 (3,859 Views)
V16pjs

I have triedo deregister from the sure signal box but the website just tells me to try later. I have tried several resets on my iPad all with no luck. I will try to deregister again as you suggest and will let ou know how I get on. Can you also have a look into why when I topped up my iPad on 07/04/2012 with 250mb for 30 days, it is showing that it will expire in 9 days (18/04/2012)? Thanks
Message 5 of 10 (3,854 Views)
Rank 3: Occasional Poster
Robster2007

Well just to add my support, I cannot get my iPad working with my SureSignal either!!!!

Robin

Message 6 of 10 (3,842 Views)
V16pjs

I have deregistered my iPad from my sure signal box and re-registered one hour later as suggested but nothing has changed. I have now also deregistered my iPhone (I'm experimenting!) but I still have a full 3G signal on my iPhone so I must somehow still be connected to the sure signal? Is this possibly a problem with my sure signal box and not my iPad??? I'm determined to sort this out!
Message 7 of 10 (3,835 Views)
V16pjs

I have unregistered my sure signal box last night and left it unplugged all night. However when I have plugged it back in this morning it is still connecting to all my phones? Can someone from Vodafone please unregistered my sure signal box for me please so I can start all over again. Thanks
Message 8 of 10 (3,820 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
Dave

Hi V16pjs,

Can you confirm your Sure Signal Serial Number for me so we can have a closer look for you?

Also, with regards to the PAYG allowance, if you are still having issues, please follow the directions in the PM I'm sending you.

You can find your PM inbox here. If you can't access this link, please ensure that the box next to "Turn on private messages" is ticked on this page, and let us know if you need any further assistance.

Dave

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 9 of 10 (3,808 Views)
Rank 2: First Poster
greenwich

Hi,

Just to add my two cents, I have suresignal New Ipad and what I found is that the suresignal does take some time to 'recognise' the ipad once initially registered.  Can take upto 24 hours.... but with a little patience it registered and works fine....in practice you don't want to use it..Because you have wifi at home...but as Ipad was new I also wanted to check out the 3g was 100% ok.

I've had suresignal since 2009 so mine is older model...but actually has worked really well.  But since 2009...the 3g signal has improved in my area too... so...all in all...good all around!

Message 10 of 10 (3,759 Views)