Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Can't send email on my new iPhone 5s

Havana7
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I keep getting an error message saying my user name and/or password is incorrect on my new iPhone 5s but it works fine on my old iPhone 4! I have deleted the account and powered off the phone to re-boot and re-entered the account (everything is veryfied as correct) but it will still not send email! (correction it did send one at 11am this morning but nothing since). The same user name and password also works fine on my iPad.

This is really doing my head in! Has anybody got any ideas?

4 REPLIES 4

Retired-Laura
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Havana7,

Welcome to the eForum.

So we can help further with this, please can you provide a screen shot of the exact error message?

Cheers,

Laura

Hi Laura,

I spoke to the tech team last night via live chat and they agreed I have a faulty phone. I was supposed to receive an automated call between 11am & 11.30am to be put through to the returns team. Did not receive call so phoned 191 at 12:50pm and now waiting for cal back. Thanks for responding.

Hi Havana7,

Thanks for the update.

We’ll be in touch as soon as we can.

Cheers,

Laura

Hi Laura,

I did eventually receive a call back and the lady in your tech team advised me to install iOS8 to see if that would solve the email issue. I did install it that night bit I could still not send any emails I could only receive them.

I then tried to use your live chat on line for 2hours (11pm - 1am) but the 24/7 service was not available!

On Friday 3rd I phoned 191 again (8.50am) and went through to the returns team and requested a callback , I received the callback at 9.19am and I asked them to read all the notes on my account to save me repeating the whole saga, I was left on hold for over 25mins and had to give up as I was about to go into a meeting. At 1pm I called 191 again and it was eventually agreed that my phone must be faulty and would be swopped on Monday 6th Oct.

Having been a customer of Vodafone for at least 15 years I am beginning to regret being persueaded to stay with you by the offer of a new phone at no cost! The cost to me in so much wasted time far exceeds the cost of the phone!

I will keep you informed of progress.