Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Can't use Safari on 4G

revoman
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

My iPhone 5s has stopped being able to use Safari via 4G. It can still be used on wifi, and all other apps work fine on both 4G and wifi. I've tried everything I can think of and read of, re-setting network etc etc. Can anyone help?

4 REPLIES 4

kids
Community Champion (Retired)

Have you tried a hard reset of the phone?

hold the Home and on/off buttons down until the Apple logo appears then release the buttons and let the phone restart itself.That usually clears any software glitches.

Hi kids

Yes I've tried a soft and a hard reset, but no joy with either. It's strange to me as everything else works (as in, all apps), both on 4G/3G and wifi, and I can use Opera as a browser on 4G/3G and wifi, but it is simply Safari that'll work on wifi only, but not 4G/3G. As such it must surely be something to do with my Safari settings but there's virtually no settings there! is there a way to re-install Safari?

Thanks for your help anyway.

kids

You can't reinstall Safari as there is no way to delete it, the only Safari update I have ever notice is the safe surfing update that sometimes happens when connected to iTunes.

it may be worth giving connecting to iTunes a shot and seeing if there is a Safari update you have not had.

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi

I have no issues using safari on my iPhone 6 Plus on 4G and below.

I use Google Chrome as an alternative and that's fine too. 

You can reset Safari too in

Settings-Safari.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.