Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Cancelling contract

Tsam
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

What happens if I cancel my contract after the 'minimum' date?

i.e. My 24 month contract ends late Feb 2015..I don't want to pay any termination fees or any of that..and I basically don't use the sim card so will I be charged for anything more than my final contractually agreed bill for Feb?

9 REPLIES 9

Retired-Matt_B
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @Tsam,

You'd be charged line rental up until the date the 30 day notice period has expired.

For example, if you were to give your notice today (which you can) the phone would be disconnected on 8 March.

You'd then be charged on a pro-rata basis for the period up until the 8th. 

To cancel your contract, please have a chat with our Live help team.

Thanks,

Matt

Is there no way I can avoid the charge?

I mean, the plan was to pay £42 (I got a discount later so it became £33) for 24 months. When the contract ends in Late Feb (speaking of which, how do I find out the exact date?), I should be free from all paying obligations..why does the 30day notice apply to me? 

The link you provided takes me to a page that doesn't help as I'm abroad at the moment and your live chat option hasn't been functional in over a month..

Please assist me further. Thanks

kids
Community Champion (Retired)

The contracts do not in fact end as in Vodafone cutting you off after the last day of your agreed term. They roll onto a month by month term and that is why the 30 day notice in required.

So what's the best option?

Send in a letter with the termination date as the actual date the contract ends?

Or write a termination date of today?

Since I'd still have to pay for the 30 day notice period..

kids

The 30 day notice period starts from the day you give notice.

So today.

Okay...thanks..

But will I be charged a termination fee though? 

Seeing as I'm termininating before the actual end date...

And which do you reckon is better? A termination fee so close to the end date i.e something like £10 cos I'm so close to the end of my contract (I just came up with a figure, I'm not sure) or £33 (which is my monthly charge) for cancelling after the contract end date and having to pay for the 30 days notice

kids

You will be charged a termination fee which will be on a pro-rata basis for  however many days your 30 day notice exceeds the last day of your contract.

An example of the calculation was given in the post by Matt_B above.

Antonio1967
1: Seeker
Hi. Tomorrow the Vodafone will deduced from my account the 25 payment. How to cancel the contract done for 24 month ?

Rahim
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Antonio1967 If you need help with your bill, our Live Chat team will be happy to assist you. 

Thinking of leaving? We'll miss you.