Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Cannot receive texts from x2 people on my iphone 5s

Markoromeo
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

My son has just got an iPhone 5s on Vodafone and myself and my wife can ring him but are unable to text him.We are both on ee and don't have iphones. We get an unable to send message,message..We have checked his phone and we are not blocked.

Any ideas?

2 REPLIES 2

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi

I assume you have checked your phones also that you have not accidentally added him to any text blocking feature (if applicable) in your phones. 

On the iPhone hold down the Power & Home button together until  Logo shows then release both & the iPhone will reset

Other options are :

Settings -> General -> Reset -> Reset Network Settings.

It also maybe worth checking with both Networks Customer Services that nothing is in the accounts that may hinder sending texts. Asking them to Reset the Account can help. 

Also ensure that your contact details are not duplicated in the phones Contact App. 

I understand you do not have iPhones now but have you ever had one and used iMessage , as some people need to De Register from iMessage when moving to a Non iPhone. 

Deregister iMessage

sometimes it's helpful to manually choose another network in the phone and then re choose your own Network.

Process of elimination: Can you try your Sim in another phone to rule out either the Sim or Phone which may be at fault. 

Finally one last resort is to perform a Sim Swap at the Network Store that moves the number and tariff to a new SIM card.  

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

kids
Community Champion (Retired)
Community Champion (Retired)

@Markoromeo wrote:

My son has just got an iPhone 5s on Vodafone and myself and my wife can ring him but are unable to text him.We are both on ee and don't have iphones. We get an unable to send message,message..We have checked his phone and we are not blocked.

Any ideas?

A few things you can try:

Ask you son to turn off iMessage (under messages)  on his phone - then can you text him?

Ask him to send you a text - what happens when you try to reply to that?

Ask him to delete you and your husbadn's details from his contacts and re-enter them- does that make a difference?

Is he able to receive texts from anyone else not with Vodafone?

Do you receive an 'Unable to send message' alert on your phone when you try to send a message to him?