Cant send or receive MMS to/from a non iPhone from my iPhone 5 PAYG

jetskiboy1
4: Newbie

Cant send or receive MMS to or from a non iPhone from my iPhone 5 PAYG

Sim works ok in Nokia but not in Iphone 5

I requested settings from (WEB to 40127) no effect

Vodafone store unable to help

3 Sim works fine in Iphone

Unless this is sorted soon i am going to move all my phones over to 3 despite being with Vodafone since they started

Tried most things i have read, but if this cant be corrected by a simple settings message then there is something fundamentally wrong

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

OK I FOUND A FIX.........Found the following instructions for iphone(the press General is WORNG though) see below

MY fix was the 

• Key in pp.vodafone.co.uk as i am payg and replace the wap.vodafone.co.uk for pay monthly.

Its a shame that when VF sent me the setup message it did not know that the number it was sending to was a PAYG. Also need to enable mobile data, not sure why, 3 dont need it and it now cost me £2 a day just to use mobile data so think it time to move all to 3.

Follow these instructions to set up your phone for picture messaging.

1. Find "Mobile Data Network"

• Press Settings.
  • Press General.
  • Press Mobile Data.
  • Press Mobile Data Network.

2. Enter APN

• Press APN below MMS.
  • If you're on a pay monthly price plan:
  • Key in wap.vodafone.co.uk
  • If you're on a pay as you go price plan:
  • Key in pp.vodafone.co.uk

http://support.vodafone.co.uk/Device-Guides/Messaging/Picture-messaging/49474826/Set-up-your-phone-f...

View solution in original position

12 REPLIES 12

kids
Community Champion (Retired)

Do you have enough credit, sending MMS messages is not free?

Is MMS messaging turned on in your iPhone settings?

yes lots of credit and MMs is on

kids

To clarify.

Are you saying that you VF sim can both send and receive MMS messages to a non iPhone OK when in your Nokia?

Are you able to send / receive MMS from your iPhone to another iPhone without problems?

It may be worth connecting your iPhone to iTunes and let it download the latest carrier updates as if the  3sim is working OK it is a problem with your VF sim. Have you done this?

kids

To add:

Under Settings > Mobile Data > MMS setting what settings are showing in your iPhone?

Thanks...Answer to questions are YES,YES,NO

I dont have itunes, dont use puter except for work

The settings i get via txt from VF should just work.

I have now tried another 3 and O2 payg sim and they all work

thesoupdragon
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

I think you will find that it's "iMessage" that is causing the problem.

When customers have moved from iPhone to Android, they have needed to disable the imessage service in order to get txt messages and picture messages working properly.

No iMessage not causing prob

kids

I agree that the settings from VF should just work but I have found that iTunes to be more reliable in picking up the carrier settings.

As you seem to have tried all the usual fixes and ruled out a proem with be phone it would be worth visiting a Vodafone store and asking them to swap your sim.

OK I FOUND A FIX.........Found the following instructions for iphone(the press General is WORNG though) see below

MY fix was the 

• Key in pp.vodafone.co.uk as i am payg and replace the wap.vodafone.co.uk for pay monthly.

Its a shame that when VF sent me the setup message it did not know that the number it was sending to was a PAYG. Also need to enable mobile data, not sure why, 3 dont need it and it now cost me £2 a day just to use mobile data so think it time to move all to 3.

Follow these instructions to set up your phone for picture messaging.

1. Find "Mobile Data Network"

• Press Settings.
  • Press General.
  • Press Mobile Data.
  • Press Mobile Data Network.

2. Enter APN

• Press APN below MMS.
  • If you're on a pay monthly price plan:
  • Key in wap.vodafone.co.uk
  • If you're on a pay as you go price plan:
  • Key in pp.vodafone.co.uk

http://support.vodafone.co.uk/Device-Guides/Messaging/Picture-messaging/49474826/Set-up-your-phone-f...