Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Carrier connection

rynicolson
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

On monday night I updated / synched my iphone 5s. Since then my phone on wifi is fine, but my phone continues to search for carrier and I have no telephone signal. I called vodafone and was advised to resynch with an older update which I have done to no avail. Any advice? Vodafone says my account is fine. thx R

6 REPLIES 6

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi

Not sure a sync with iTunes would make you lose carrier signal. 

Does this occur everywhere ? I'm thinking of maybe a local or surrounding mast issue if not everywhere. 

Process of elimination: Can you try you're Sim card in another phone to rule out either the Sim or Account or Phone which may be at fault. 

On the iPhone hold down the Sleep/Wake Button and Home button together until the Apple Logo shows. Then On seeing this Apple Logo release both buttons ,and the iPhone will reset , which has been known to clear most glitches.

Try ->

Settings -> General-> Reset -> Reset Network Settings.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thanks Lee, I have already tried yoour comments (I read an earlier post you made). Since posting, Vodafone have responded again directly to me and apprently are working their end to resolve my account. The lack of carrier is not location based. I will see what happens when I attempt to reconnect after the requested hour break. thanks and will keep you posted.

BandOfBrothers

You're welcome 

Are you getting a No Service where the Vodafone name normally shows in the iPhones status bar ?

I hope Customer service resolve this for you ASAP 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Lee, the vodafone helpdesk 'solution' has not worked. I am simply getting constant 'searching' message at top left of iphone screen.

kids
Community Champion (Retired)
Community Champion (Retired)

When you say you updated the phone did you update the ios to 9.2.1?

If so there are a few posts on the internet from people who have experienced the same problem as yourself. Resyncing with an older backup will not help as it is the new ios version that is the problem.

Apple although they never comment on problems with the ios are no doubt working on a fix.

Personally I never update the ios until it has been out for at least a month, that way  other users  find the buds and hopefully Apple send out a fix by way of another ios update.

Yes it appears that I am on IOS 9.2.1.... any idea how I get back to an earlier version?

thanks