Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Cellular data not working on iPhone 5

redwilson
4: Newbie

Mods please be of assistance, my cellular data is not working,, so thats no imessages, email or surfing the web when im off of wifi, can you point me in the right direction please ?

15 REPLIES 15

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi folks,

Thanks for sharing. While traffic has been very high indeed, we've not noticed any major outages. If you've tried the great advice given previously in this thread around checking your settings and resetting, then this may be location based instead. Could those affected check The Network section of the eForum to diagnose and check for any existing faults. :Winking_smiley:

Cheers, Ben

stephencclark
1: Seeker

I've just spent 2 hours figuring this out for my lovely wife.

Background to the issue:

Wife's on Pay-as-you-go, she had a Samsung brick, I gave her my old iPhone5s, she got a new micro sim and transferred her number to new sim, loaded it into iPhone5s and it wouldn't connect to the internet via masts i.e. edge, 3g or 4g. 

The cause of the issue:

Basically the default network settings on the iPhone5s are wrong - and so is most of the advice I found on this forum relating to this issue. Resetting the internet settings, connecting to iTunes, texting the number 40127 didn't work for me.

The solution:

I found the answer on this website: http://apn-settings.com/uk/vodafone-uk-apn-settings/ incase its no longer live here is the simple fix:  

If you are using a Pay as You Go Plan, you must…

change the APN Value to pp.vodafone.co.uk NOT wap.vodafone.co.uk

the rest of the configurations are the same. 

Hope this helps you all!

Enjoy!

I have experienced this since Sunday.  I can make and recieve calls and recieve texts.  But I cant send normal Texts, and no data at all.  regardless if the phone says 3G or GPRS or E.

I have checked the settings but nothing has changed.

I have a 5S.

Hi @garethB1983 

Have you tried texting the word ‘WEB to 40127’ so the correct settings are automatically sent to your phone yet?

If not, our Live help team will be happy to take a look into this.

Thanks,

Sarah

@Sarah - i havnt but issue is now resolved.  There was a barr on my account for data and sms.  Even though it took a store to ring up and discover that, after my phone had been away for a repair it did not need.

Hi all,

I am having this issue.  I have a Iphone 5S.  Sunday it stopped sending any txts and all data.  I can still make and recieve calls.

I have gone into all settings and checked. 

I have tried to select another network and back to vodafone, nothing.

I have switched airplane mode on then off,

I have held both home button and lock button together for master reset numerous times.  Still have same issue.  This has been going on since Sunday 12 Jan.