Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Charges On Bill

rubypow
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hiya there,

I have recieved my bill for Jan 15 and I have some outstanding charges on there that I'm unfamiliar with and I was wondering if you could confirm what they are?

So I have a charge for a 'long text' message, I assume this is sending the same text to multiple contacts on my phone? If this is the case could you please confirm it for me and can I ask why it's a charge? It's just sending multiple sms messages which is surely included in my price plan, not sure if i'm missing something.

Also, I recieved a charge for sending 'picture message's. I assume this means sending a picture message via an sms? If this is the case then I totally understand why, I just need it confirming. Are you still charged if you're sending a picture message to an iPhone, because imessages are sent through wifi and so I shouldn't be charged to send a picture via an imessage, via wifi, should I?

Sorry If these things seem stupid, I just want to make sure I thououghly understand the T&C's so I don't make these mistakes again.

Thanks v. much, I appreciate your help

Ruby

3 REPLIES 3

63johnw
17: Community Champion

Hi, text messages are limited to a certain length, if you go over that number of chracters then the message is charged as if its a MMS. Also using some emoji characters can convert a text to an MMS meaning you will be charged (at least on android, not sure if same applies for iphones).

Thank you for getting back to me :Smiling: Is that on all networks or just Vodafone do you know?

Thanks

63johnw
Its all as far as I know but can't guarantee that.