Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Complaint

Etom
2: Seeker
My phone has never worked correctly and has an intermittent fault so when I speak to people on the phone they cannot hear me properly. I have sent phone away for repair three times and each time it has come back saying they can't find a fault. On Friday I contacted Vodafone and was told I would get a replacement on Monday or Tuesday. Tuesday evening nothing had arrived so I phoned to be told they would deal with it today and call back by midday. Nothing. Spent my lunch break a full 1/2 hour trying to get through but spent entire time on hold. Gave up. Phoned this evening to be told I could not have a replacement phone as not fault has been found. Spent two hours on phone to different departments each one said they can do nothing. I tried to make a formal complaint to get the process started to be told I couldn't! Will now email formal complaint do I can take to ombudsman. In the meantime I am going to try and petition the courts for the winding up of the company for breach of my contract, it may not work but hopefully will cause Vodafone some problems. Have been with Vodafone for 15 years and am appalled at the service. If anyone can advise i would be grateful
12 REPLIES 12

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
Hello and Welcome to the Forum.

I'm sorry we meet you under such circumstances.

Which phone do you have may I ask ?

I'm not confident you would be successful in having the Contract quashed as the service , ie Network services to make , take calls and texts and data work as described.

But it is reasonable to have a handset that is fit for purpose so you can make use of your Tariff allowances. You could ask to see if a transcript of the phone call exists to show you were offered a replacement and ask the Network to stand by that promise.

The Networks want the phone to be functioning so they can allow you to use their services etc I'm sure.

I'm sure one of the Tech Team will be along soon to officially offer assistance.

Another avenue is to engage the manufacturer for assistance which is why I'm asking what handset you have.

😎

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

jeffkinn

@Etom wrote:
 In the meantime I am going to try and petition the courts for the winding up of the company for breach of my contract, it may not work but hopefully will cause Vodafone some problems. Have been with Vodafone for 15 years and am appalled at the service. If anyone can advise i would be grateful

I suggest you read the terms and conditions that you and I as customers have agreed to, paying particular attention to the following clause:

A, This agreement covers the SIM and any services I use in my plan. It doesn't cover any mobile equipment, other than when I may need to make a payment for mobile equipment to Vodafone when this agreement ends. It is made up of the pay monthly airtime conditions, the charges guide for the plan (as shown on the order form or welcome note) and any additional products or services I choose to use or take such as content services provided by other parties. If I take out insurance, content services and other additional products or services I fully agree to those separate conditions. I need to check my mobile equipment works with the other products or services I want to use.

Your mobile phone does not form part of the contract and therefore any problems with that phone cannot constitute a breach of contract.

Your phone is covered by the Sale of Goods and Services Act. You can insist that Vodafone repairs the phone.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

Etom
I have an iPhone 5s.

And I have insisted they repair the phone that is why I have sent it away for repair three times. However each time they have sent it back saying there is no fault found, which in itself is ridiculous because each time I ring Vodafone they complain that they can't hear me properly, and I tell them that is because my phone is faulty. How do I make a complaint so that when they don't deal with it I am able to then escalate it?

jeffkinn

How old is the phone?

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

Etom
5 months old

jeffkinn

Then take it to an Apple store and let a Genius check it out. If they find a fault in the phone they'll give you a replacement there and then.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

Etom
That is probably what I will end up doing but why should I have to take time out of my day to travel 25 miles to my nearest Apple Store when Vodafone should sort this out for me. I still want to raise a formal complaint about the disgusting service ( if you can call it that) that they have provided to me and still I don't know the best way to make a formal complaint, if someone could advise on this I would be grateful

mjaynemaried
4: Newbie
If i was you i would ring 191 go through security questions then press 3 then upgrades then if you are thinking of leaving us you should get to speaķ to someone ENGLISH ! Put ťhe ball in their court tell them the phone is not fit for purpose and you want it replacing if they refuse cancel the contract by giving them 30 days notice you should not have to put up with all the chasing around ! good luck ?

jeffkinn

@mjaynemaried wrote:
If i was you i would ring 191 go through security questions then press 3 then upgrades then if you are thinking of leaving us you should get to speaķ to someone ENGLISH ! Put ťhe ball in their court tell them the phone is not fit for purpose and you want it replacing if they refuse cancel the contract by giving them 30 days notice you should not have to put up with all the chasing around ! good luck ?

Did you read the bit about not being able to cancel a contract because of faulty equipment? Unless you assume that the OP is prepared to pay the termination fee to cancel the contract, which could be a lot of money, this is bad advice.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png