You are here:
Ask a question:
Rank 2: First Poster
kcparsons2
Accepted Solution

Conference Calling

Does using the call merging feature come out of my inclusive allowance?

Message 1 of 12 (15,546 Views)
Rank 50: Master IV
AnnS

Re: Conference Calling

Hello kcparsons2

You will be able to find information on Conference Calling from the following link from support.

Conference Calling Questions

The conference call will come out of your inclusive minutes but you will be charged for the number of calls you merge.

Ann

Message 2 of 12 (15,498 Views)
kcparsons2

So if I spoke to two people for 30 minutes - I'd lose 60 minutes? So there is no extra charge? I could have swore I saw a Vodafone Rep say that the second person in the call would be charged at the standard call rate and not your inclusive minutes.

Message 3 of 12 (15,479 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
Dave

Hi kcparsons2,

We've double-checked this to ensure we have the correct answer for you.

All calls made out from the conference leader will be inclusive where you have allowance available and chargeable at the standard rate if your allowance is used up.

Each call will count as an individual call, though, so calling two people for a 15 minute conference call will be treated as two separate 15 minute calls and a total of 30 minutes.

Dave

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 4 of 12 (14,791 Views)
kcparsons2

Thanks for that. Glad to see like it is with other networks. 

So the forumla is basically this then?

U*M=Allowance used up

U = Users 

M = Minutes

So no extra charge if I have minutes left over?

Message 5 of 12 (14,663 Views)
Tech Team
Simon

Hi kcparsons2

That's correct. Provided that the minutes allocation used within your conference calls does not exceed your total allowance then you won't be charged extra.

Thanks

Simon

Message 6 of 12 (14,627 Views)
Rank 1: Guest
at_ja

Could You please confirm whether this feature is available on Red plan sim only unlimited minutes.and their won't be any charge If i merge calls in iphone

Message 7 of 12 (12,035 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
Andy

Hi at_ja,

Have you had Conference calling provisioned on your account yet? If you have, then you can use your minutes for those conference calls you need to make.

If you’ve not provisioned Conference Calling yet, we can arrange for it to be added to your account so I’ve just sent you a PM.

You can find your PM inbox here. If you can’t access this link, please ensure that the box next to “Turn on private messages” is ticked on this page, and let us know if you need any further assistance.

Follow the details in the PM and we’ll be in touch as soon as we can.

Thanks

Andrew

I’m part of the Vodafone Tech Team and here to help. As this is a public forum, we can only answer non account specific queries. Please note, we’re unable to reply to private messages.

If you see a helpful post, please click the 'Thanks' button to let the author know. If a post solves your query, please click the ‘This is the Answer?’ button. This helps others find helpful answers in the community too.

Message 8 of 12 (11,132 Views)
at_ja

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for the post,I am going to buy vodafone red sim only plan so just want to make sure that conference facility is enabled and you can merge call in iphone and make 6 calls at a time without any charges.Please confirm.

Message 9 of 12 (11,127 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
Dave

[ Edited ]

Hi at_ja,

With regards to your account allowing conference calling, we'll be able to check that from the response to the PM. We support the service for up to six connected numbers at a time (including your own).

As for the iPhone itself, you can check out the capabilities from Apple's own iPhone User Guide.

Conference calls

With GSM, you can set up a conference call to talk with up to five people at a time, depending on
your carrier.

Create a conference call:

1 Make a call.
2 Tap Add Call and make another call. The first call is put on hold.
3 Tap Merge Calls. The calls are merged on one line and everyone can hear each other.
4 Repeat steps two and three to add additional calls

Hope this helps!

Dave

If I've helped at all today, why not leave me a little feedback?

Message 10 of 12 (11,068 Views)
at_ja

Thanks,This is perfect.Also Vodafone red sim only is truely unlimited calls and text or is their fair usages policy.?

Message 11 of 12 (11,053 Views)
Moderator (Retired)
Andy

Hi at_ja,

The Vodafone Red plans are truly unlimited with no fair usage policy. I’d also suggest you take a look at our Pay Monthly Terms and Conditions.

Thanks

Andrew

Message 12 of 12 (10,414 Views)