Ask

Solution

Could Not Activate Mobile Data Network

Steve1963
2: Seeker

Hi Folks,

Just tried to access the Internet on my 4S and got the following message;

Could Not Activate Mobile Data Network - You Are Not Subscribed To A Mobile Data Service

I can access via Wi-Fi with no problem at all. This is the first time I have tried to access the internet

using the 3G network via my Sure Signal with Wi-Fi turned off.

I'm only doing this because I have been unable to access the My Vodafone app. Someone suggested that I made sure I could access my Vodafone internet account. I can't !

Any suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Steve1963

I now have the answer to my own question and the My Vodafone app now works for the first time;

Settings > General - make sure Mobile Data is ON and select

Scroll down to Mobile Data Network and select

Mobile Data > APN - should read pp.vodafone.co.uk (if you are on PAYG) or

wap.vodafone.co.uk (if you are pay monthly)

I did it and now I can access the internet and use the my vodafone app as well.

My life is now worth living again !!

View solution in original position

55 REPLIES 55

Vodaphone tech team. my mobile data is working now. though It has created stress and taken some time we are there now. so I can only say thank you. I hope you fix our friend commandd soon. many accounts going to another vendor can never be good for business. anyway ta for now. have a great weekend. Later mitch392

commandd
4: Newbie
Thanks. Glad your data is working.

commandd
Hi Simon

Yes I think so

Look forward to hearing from you

commandd
Any news on this situation????? Still waiting for tech support. Still no 3G!!!

Hi commandd,

I can’t see any email from the email address you’re registered with.

You should have got an auto response. Can you let me know what the reference for this is?

If you don’t have this, please resubmit the email and let us know the auto response reference as soon as you get it.

Thanks,

Wayne

Hi Wayne

I have completed the form multiple times - given to me from Laura on an earlier post in this forum.

Not once have I received ANY auto response or ref no.

commandd 

drey_p
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

If you haven't received an automated reply with a reference number, check your junk mail folders.  If it isn't there, your message hasn't been received but the Team.  I would recommend that you try again, but type out your message in advance and simplely copy and paste it into the message box.  This will ensure that the form doesn't time out. 

PWIAC

commandd
I have done all of this 5 times now!

NicoleBessant

I have just transferred my number from Giff Gaff to Vodafone, it all went through this morning. Before the transfer my phone and internet was working fine. After the transfer, I can call, text and use wifi, however 3G & 4G is no longer working. Tried the solutions of text WEB to 40127 but had no response. I have plugged into iTunes. I have tried inputting my internet apn settings manually and no luck. I then waited 40 minutes to speak to someone who has escalated the problem from the technical team to the engineer team, however is unable to tell me when this problem will be rectified. This is unacceptable. What can you do?

Hi There Nicole, I am in the same situation, I transferred from GG last week, with an iphone 4,  yesterday during a day out we realised that data was not working away from the home Wifi.

Spent yesterday pm resetting phone, etc.

This morning I tried a live chat, and after describing my problems, was told that "there are problems with vodaphone data at present, our engineers are working on it"  Have you made any progress with yours

Regards John