Ask

Solution

Could Not Activate Mobile Data Network

Steve1963
2: Seeker

Hi Folks,

Just tried to access the Internet on my 4S and got the following message;

Could Not Activate Mobile Data Network - You Are Not Subscribed To A Mobile Data Service

I can access via Wi-Fi with no problem at all. This is the first time I have tried to access the internet

using the 3G network via my Sure Signal with Wi-Fi turned off.

I'm only doing this because I have been unable to access the My Vodafone app. Someone suggested that I made sure I could access my Vodafone internet account. I can't !

Any suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Steve1963

I now have the answer to my own question and the My Vodafone app now works for the first time;

Settings > General - make sure Mobile Data is ON and select

Scroll down to Mobile Data Network and select

Mobile Data > APN - should read pp.vodafone.co.uk (if you are on PAYG) or

wap.vodafone.co.uk (if you are pay monthly)

I did it and now I can access the internet and use the my vodafone app as well.

My life is now worth living again !!

View solution in original position

55 REPLIES 55

Hi commandd,

I’ve checked the email address you used to sign up to the eForum and no emails have come into us.

Without the reference, we can’t find your email.

If you’re having difficulty with sending the emails, you can find other ways to contact us here – Contact us

Thanks,

Simon

The Form Commandd is referring to is tempramental.

I used it twice before it sent me an email.

Commandd, when you fill in the form, rather than pressing return to submit, you should click on the submit button - the form is rubbish  - I know

Good luck - Vodafone has gone down the toilet in the last few years

commandd
4: Newbie
I have not had an email back from vodafone. I followed the link in the above post by Laura. This is now getting very frustration as this is now another issue on top of the actual problem. I have followed all of Laura's instructions regarding the form.

commandd
I have just completed the form again - will someone find it and get back to me?????

drey_p
16: Advanced member

If you haven't had an automatic email acknowledgement, your message possibly hasn't be received.  It is also possible that the email is in your junk folders. 

PWIAC

Thank you vodafone for not get back to me on this situation. I must commend your appauling customer service. If a problem goes beyond either changing a settings or turning your device on and off - ignoring the problem seems to be your solution. I am now going to a different provider! Not that you really care.

commandd
Nope. No emails in the junk and still no email from the second time I have filled in the form. I have 5 phones with vodafone all out of contract and will soon be taking all 5 to another provider as this is getting ridiculous. Surely there must be another of access my account. You are a global telecom company yet I cannot call you???

drey_p

Right, try this.  Type your message up in advance and then launch the webform and copy and paste the message into the message box.  Make sure you only put WRT165 into the subject line (nothing else, no spaces, only those 6 characters) and you should get a response.

Please be aware that I am a customer like you, and am just trying to help you get a message through to the Team.  If you want to call, you can contact customer services on 191. 

PWIAC

commandd
Hi. Thought you were from vodafone. I have done everything you have said. I have spoken to the tech support team on 191 and they have no answer to this problem - hence trying the online forum.

commandd. I know you are still having probs by the look of things but some how I have had some success, though it came as a surprise. I'm now typing this through my mobile data on vodaphone. so they have fixed it. not that I knew about it. I phoned them again today on landline using the following number: 03333 040101. I was for the first time asked if my call was for the Tech support team. I just said "yes". then I was put through to some chap who told me to make sure my mobile data was switched on and my wifi off. something I've been through a few times now. anyhow everything worked. I don't think it was because of this chap I spoke to, but that they had already fixed my account problem. he was not able to say what it was bar say it's 'magic' that it's works now. a bit irritating not to have them say 'yep we found a problem and managed to fix it'. though it may not be the case, it appears that the online tech team are not linked to the landline lot and that they are working separately. I did get through on the private message method you are having probs with but not sure if it was this route or the phone calls that actually got it all to work. I don't think I'll ever know. one thing is, you definitely get an email back from vodaphone moments from sending you email confirming that your message got to them, so something must be wrong. maybe then the landline option is your best bet this time around.... good luck. Mitch392