Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Could not activate cellular data network

jazza
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I've got a 16gb iPhone 4. When I try to connect to the internet via Safari I keep getting the following message:

"Could not activate cellular data network

You are not subscribed to a cellular data service"

I've tried switching the phone on and off but it doesn't help.

Can anyone help?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Retired-Trev
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi jazza and welcome to the Vodafone eForum. :Smiling:

I'm sure we can assist you with your query here. :Smiling:

Firstly go to Settings > General > Network and check to see that Cellular Data is set to On.

Also select Cellular Data Network, and check the settings are as below:

APN - wap.vodafone.co.uk

Username - wap

Password - wap

If all this is correct, and you are still having the issue connecting, there may be an issue with your account set up. If you call 191, free from your Vodafone contract phone, they can check that data is correctly provisioned, and no bars are in place for you.

Let me know how you get on.

Regards

Trev

eForum Team

View solution in original position

9 REPLIES 9

Retired-Trev
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi jazza and welcome to the Vodafone eForum. :Smiling:

I'm sure we can assist you with your query here. :Smiling:

Firstly go to Settings > General > Network and check to see that Cellular Data is set to On.

Also select Cellular Data Network, and check the settings are as below:

APN - wap.vodafone.co.uk

Username - wap

Password - wap

If all this is correct, and you are still having the issue connecting, there may be an issue with your account set up. If you call 191, free from your Vodafone contract phone, they can check that data is correctly provisioned, and no bars are in place for you.

Regards

Trev

eForum Team

Hello i have an unlocked Iphone 4 and a pay as you go Vodafone sim.

I have the same problem, even after checking the Cellular Data Network. Any other suggestions?

Regards

Thanks for your reply. I had to phone up vodafone. They said it was something to do with an itunes update that had reset my settings.

Andra this is what I had to do:

Go to settings > General > Network > Cellular data network > Change APN (the one under Cellular Data Network) to pp.vodafone.co.uk

Your problem may be different to mine so you could call up vodafone if this doesn't help.

Kind regards,

Debbie

Thanks a lot Debbie it works!!!

Thanks it reall works! I use pp.vodafone.co.uk :Smiling: thank you!

I am a pay as you go customer on the iPhone and ever since I got the phone it comes up with the exact same celular message. I tried changing it to pp.Vodafone.co.uk but it just automaticly changes back. I bought a web pack yesterday to see if that would be Any help. It clearly wasn't. Any suggestions on how to fix this?
Thanks
Fiona

Hi Fifigregory

Firstly welcome to the eForum. :Smiling:

That's very strange. :smileysurprised:

This is certainly a settings issue, and if the APN is not changed to pp.vodafone.co.uk, you will not be able to use data on a PAYT Vodafone handset. The web pack is merely there to cover charges for data usage, not allow access.

If the settings will not save, it may be worth visiting an Apple store for them to look at the device, or returning the handset to a Vodafone store, where they can send it away for repair.

Regards

Trev

eForum Team

Hello There

I have an I phone 4, it will not connect to the cellular network. I have tried the pp.vodaphone fix and no affect.

It was a contract phone, changed to PAYG.

Any other fixes for this phone please?

Hi TerriGolightly,

If you connect to iTunes, the phone will download the correct settings for you. Alternatively, you can get the settings sent to you here. :Smiling:

Cheers, Ben