Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Could not activate mobile data network

nicole01xo
2: Seeker
I've never had a problem with this before, it seemed to of happened when I went to a different village for the weekend but now I'm home it's still coming up with " you are not subscribed to a mobile data network" but I am! I've phoned up customer help line but that didn't really help all they did was send me texts which didn't help me out at all. I have an iPhone 4s please help
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi,

What type of Texts were sent to your iPhone ?

Some troubleshooting tips you can try at your end is to ;

• Manually choose a different Network in the iPhones Settings and then re choose Vodafone. 
  • Remove the Sim Card, wipe it then re insert and power the iPhone back up. 
  • Hold the Power Button & Home Button together until the  Logo appears and then let go of both buttons. Tbe iPhone will Soft Reset. No Data in the memory  is lost this way. 
  • Settings -> General-> Reset -> Reset All Settings.
  • Text WEB to 40127
  • iPhone 4s Device Guide.
  • Manually Check your APN Settings in : Settings-Mobile Data-Mobile Data Network.

The APN's should be :

From the home screen:

Tap Settings.
In the first section tap Mobile/Cellular.
Tap Mobile data network/Cellular data network.
Enter the following settings into the onscreen form, without changing any other settings;
Mobile/Cellular Data:
APN - internet (PAYG - pp.vodafone.co.uk)
Username - web (PAYG - wap)
Password - web (PAYG - wap)
Visual Voicemail:
MMS:
MMSC - http://mms.vodafone.co.uk/servlets/mms
MMS Proxy - 212.183.137.12:8799
MMS Max Message Size - 307200
(As a check, the image below shows blue text in the fields you should have completed)
Tap the left arrow at the top three times
Press the home button
On the status bar at the top of the screen, next to the name of your mobile network, you should now see a data connection indicator 4G, 3G, E or GPRS. This means the data connection is live and working.

If they are right try your Sim Card in another phone as a Process of Elimination to see if it's the phone itself or Sim Card.

If it works then the phone is somehow at issue and try hooking up to iTunes and Restore after making a Back Up to iCloud and or iTunes.  If no help seek assistance from  via a Https://www.apple.com/uk/retail/geniusbar/ Appointment.  give a 1 a year warranty. 

If its the SIM card then ring Customer services on 191 and ask them to double check your account and Reset it if necessary. If they say it's ok and a Reset does not help the next step is to ask a Vodafone Store to perform a Sim Swap which moves your number and tariff to a new SIM card. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

View solution in original position

3 REPLIES 3

BandOfBrothers

Hi,

What type of Texts were sent to your iPhone ?

Some troubleshooting tips you can try at your end is to ;

• Manually choose a different Network in the iPhones Settings and then re choose Vodafone. 
  • Remove the Sim Card, wipe it then re insert and power the iPhone back up. 
  • Hold the Power Button & Home Button together until the  Logo appears and then let go of both buttons. Tbe iPhone will Soft Reset. No Data in the memory  is lost this way. 
  • Settings -> General-> Reset -> Reset All Settings.
  • Text WEB to 40127
  • iPhone 4s Device Guide.
  • Manually Check your APN Settings in : Settings-Mobile Data-Mobile Data Network.

The APN's should be :

From the home screen:

Tap Settings.
In the first section tap Mobile/Cellular.
Tap Mobile data network/Cellular data network.
Enter the following settings into the onscreen form, without changing any other settings;
Mobile/Cellular Data:
Visual Voicemail:
MMS:
MMSC - http://mms.vodafone.co.uk/servlets/mms
MMS Proxy - 212.183.137.12:8799
MMS Max Message Size - 307200
(As a check, the image below shows blue text in the fields you should have completed)
Tap the left arrow at the top three times
Press the home button
On the status bar at the top of the screen, next to the name of your mobile network, you should now see a data connection indicator 4G, 3G, E or GPRS. This means the data connection is live and working.

If they are right try your Sim Card in another phone as a Process of Elimination to see if it's the phone itself or Sim Card.

If it works then the phone is somehow at issue and try hooking up to iTunes and Restore after making a Back Up to iCloud and or iTunes.  If no help seek assistance from  via a Https://www.apple.com/uk/retail/geniusbar/ Appointment.  give a 1 a year warranty. 

If its the SIM card then ring Customer services on 191 and ask them to double check your account and Reset it if necessary. If they say it's ok and a Reset does not help the next step is to ask a Vodafone Store to perform a Sim Swap which moves your number and tariff to a new SIM card. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Hayleigh1234
How can I activate a data network on my iPhone SE?

Hi @Hayleigh1234

Please speak to our Live Chat team and they will run you through this.

Thanks,

Viki