Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Early Upgrade (iPhone 6)

ZeroT
4: Newbie

We should be seeing the iPhone 6 sometime in September, I currently own a 5s which was launched last September, so 1yr ago on a 24month contract.

Is there likely to be a good early upgrade option other than paying off the remaining 12 months of the contract and starting again?

Any answers will be taken 'in theory' and not as absolute fact as of course there is no new phone yet and upgrade options may change between now and then.

2 REPLIES 2

grolschuk
Community Champion (Retired)
Community Champion (Retired)

At the moment I would say there are not many options available.

I doubt after 12 months the cost of the 5s would be covered, let alone the calls, texts and data that has been used.

So it would be an early termination fee (which will save you the VAT @20% on the remaining 12 months owed, and another 2% off) to bring you out of contract, to then upgrade.

You could of course then sell the 5s to recoup some of the ETF charges.

The RedHot plans that you could get from vodafone shops would have suited, as they allow you to upgrade after 12 months... I'm not quite sure of the details, but it is some kind of lease hire agreement.

Nabs
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

This link should help in the future should you wish to consider a REDHot plan as mentioned above

http://www.vodafone.co.uk/shop/pay-monthly/vodafone-red-hot/index.htm