cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Excessive wifi use on iPad when roaming use age capable set.

rarneil
3: Seeker
I have just received my monthly phones, iPads and mobile wifi account. I'm horrified to see my ipad account is £83.74 plus VAT
Why was I not notified I was going over my 4gb usage. As my normal account is normally £13.33 plus vat. Surely you can understand my horror at this bill £70.41 plus VAT over my normal bill. As I have roaming usage capacity on!!!
15 REPLIES 15

rarneil
Thanks
I totally understand but if you read my newest post you can see the reason why I never bothered re the usage.
Rodney

rarneil
Thanks for the info but I'm still lost as the total amount of data was over a four day period going by your info I should have paid £8:00 instead of £74.31 Vodafone charged?
Rodney

drey_p
16: Advanced member
Are you on PAYG?

PWIAC

froggerty

Try and get Vodafone to verify the amount of data you have allegedly used and, although it will be far from accurate, look at the amount your device says you've used. If Vodafone cannot verify the usage and provide you with an itemised breakdown of it then you can contest the charge as they cannot prove that you have used this data, best to do this on 'live chat' from your home PC/laptop and request that Vodafone reimburse you the charge for the data, if they do provide you proof then you'll just have to suck it up but if you don't have a go you'll never get anywhere with them. As for the daily charge, what may put the price up is if they charge an amount per Mb or multipes of. Remember, keep that mobile data switch in the off position and only turn it on when you absoluteley need to.

jeffkinn
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion
Two pieces of wrong information that will only confuse you:

The term roaming does NOT refer to the use of mobile data. It specifically means using a foreign network when you are out of the country. If you are in the UK you cannot roam.

The idea that the network can't verify the use of data is wholly incorrect. The combination of the IMEI and SIM card numbers are used by the Vodafone billing system to generate charges. Of course mistakes sometimes happen but the billing system is both overwhelmingly accurate and independently audited for accuracy.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

rarneil
Thanks again
Rodney